+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr under review n renewal approved from sydney, ns

ajoshi

Jan 19, 2006
I had applied for my pr renewal for urgent process and the day i sent them my application to sydney,ns next day i had received letter from cic local office that my pr is under review and ask for last 5 years record to show them that we have been in canada 730+ days.

my application for pr renewal was approved by sydney, ns and today i have received my actual pr card as well.
so i am confused what to do next as my renewal has approved shuold i still send them document with new pr card?? or just send them copy of my new pr card. ??

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
ajoshi said:
I had applied for my pr renewal for urgent process and the day i sent them my application to sydney,ns next day i had received letter from cic local office that my pr is under review and ask for last 5 years record to show them that we have been in canada 730+ days.

my application for pr renewal was approved by sydney, ns and today i have received my actual pr card as well.
so i am confused what to do next as my renewal has approved shuold i still send them document with new pr card?? or just send them copy of my new pr card. ??
What is the expiry date on the new PR card?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Send them the requested documents and a copy of your new PR Card.
2. Include a cover letter stating that there appears to be confusion on their side and what steps you should take next. If you feel up to it I'd add a comment that if you don't hear from them in 30 days (or whatever timeline they gave you to send the docs back) you consider the case closed and the application process complete. Just saying that to CIC must be worth the mailing costs - I'd use a method with proof of delivery/receipt.

I say this because there is Federal Court case law where a PR got issued a PR Card in error despite residence concern issues, used it to travel to Canada, got reported and had the PR Card taken away and PR revoked. If you read the small print the card belongs to CIC (actually Her Majesty in right of Canada).