+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR travelling - Canada

trust123

Jun 3, 2011
My husband is main applicant and i am dependent applicatnt for canadian PR application.
I am currently in India and my husband is working in canada on work permit.
I sent my passport to him for PR visa stamping. He submitted our both the passports to buffalo office.

Yesterday we have recieved our PR visa on both our passports.It is mentioned that stamping office is 'buffalo' on PR visa.

he will send my passport back so that I can travel back using the documents and my passport on which PR visa is there.

now my only query is that will it can create any issue while travelling from india to canada since on my pr visa it is mentioned as 'buffalo'.

Can they ask how have u taken that pr visa if you haven't travel new york anytime?

Please let me know how you guys make your family travel in such scenarios?

Any response will be highly appreciable.

Thanks
Trust

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trust123 said:
My husband is main applicant and i am dependent applicatnt for canadian PR application.
I am currently in India and my husband is working in canada on work permit.
I sent my passport to him for PR visa stamping. He submitted our both the passports to buffalo office.

Yesterday we have recieved our PR visa on both our passports.It is mentioned that stamping office is 'buffalo' on PR visa.

he will send my passport back so that I can travel back using the documents and my passport on which PR visa is there.

now my only query is that will it can create any issue while travelling from india to canada since on my pr visa it is mentioned as 'buffalo'.

Can they ask how have u taken that pr visa if you haven't travel new york anytime?

Please let me know how you guys make your family travel in such scenarios?

Any response will be highly appreciable.

Thanks
Trust
Hi trust123,
Glad to hear that you already got your passport with visa. Congratulations.
Now to your question and worry about how you will deal the situation at the Indian airport while your departure to Canada.
There is nothing going to happen!, You can trust me!!. Don't worry at all and just travel as usual. It is none of the official's responsibility at the airport to question you that how you managed got a visa from Buffalo. Government of India does not restrict any citizen getting other country's visa on their passport from out side India. It is directed NOT to send the passport by post. Can use courier, if any courier co. agree or it can be sent through other person whom you authorize. Authorize means not necessary with a government approval. It can be done with your knowledge either by writing or verbally.

However don't keep such worry in your mind. You have the passport with visa and the COPR which permits you to travel to Canada. Go to the airport and do the check-in.

Wish you very happy landing.

Please make a post in this pages after you land in Canada. Good luck and God bless :D

D

Daniel_Daniel

Wilson is correct. You need not worry at all. You can always say that my husband was here to handover my passport if at all they insist to know something from you.

D

Daniel_Daniel

by the way trust123, I would like to know whether you and your husband processed the PR application at the same time? if not, I might need some help form you. Please....

trust123

Jun 3, 2011
Yes Daniel. We both applied same time. I was a dependent applicant with my husband.

One more thing. Can my husband do the PR landing first and later can i join him or do we need to do a landing at same time with him??

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
you cannot land first..either he lands first or both of u together

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samdxb said:
you cannot land first..either he lands first or both of u together
:D She can land!!

"My husband is main applicant and i am dependent applicant for canadian PR application.
I am currently in India and my husband is working in Canada on work permit."

D

Daniel_Daniel

Hi trust123, can you please help me with all documentation is required for my wife including the application forms. your help will be much appreciated.