+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR through Student Visa

YasirZaidi

Jul 22, 2019
I am 40 years of age and my wife is 38. We are willing to take student visa route for the Canadian immigration. I have few questions
1 does Canadain colleges have any age restriction for the admission.
2 how can I accompany my wife and kids with me while studying in Canada
3 is it the right route for immigration ?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I am 40 years of age and my wife is 38. We are willing to take student visa route for the Canadian immigration. I have few questions
1 does Canadain colleges have any age restriction for the admission.
2 how can I accompany my wife and kids with me while studying in Canada
3 is it the right route for immigration ?
Very unlikely. No offense, but the VO that checks study permit applications is specifically looking to reject people like you. Study permit is for studying, not for PR. The most common reason for study permit rejection is that the VO fears that the applicant will stay after their studies is over.
Therefore, if you want PR, go through Express Entry.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
How many days it takes to get PR after study and 1 year work in canada
PR will take the same time if you are in Canada or outside Canada if you are going by express entry. Honestly, the only advantage is that you get some points for Canadian education and work, and you may be eligible for some PNP programs. It's not worth the cost of education, if the sole purpose of your studies is to get PR. You may get rejected, if the visa officer believes you are applying for study permit, for the purpose of getting PR and not genuine studies.