+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Supporting LMIA and Express Entry Profile

Mar 22, 2024
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hello Everyone,

I have a PR-supported LMIA. My employer has partnered with an immigration lawyer who handled everything for me. I received approval for my PR-supported LMIA yesterday. The lawyer has offered to assist me with the Express Entry (EE) process for an additional fee of $3,000. However, my brother has successfully applied for PR through Express Entry on his own without PR supporting LMIA and can guide me through the process.

My question is: with the LMIA in place, will the Express Entry process be more complicated? Will I need to complete additional steps, or is it simply a matter of indicating I have a job offer when creating my EE profile and submitting all necessary documents upon receiving an invitation?

Is it feasible for me to handle the EE application on my own, or would it be advisable to seek the lawyer's assistance?"

Thank you for reading, and any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have a PR-supported LMIA. My employer has partnered with an immigration lawyer who handled everything for me. I received approval for my PR-supported LMIA yesterday. The lawyer has offered to assist me with the Express Entry (EE) process for an additional fee of $3,000. However, my brother has successfully applied for PR through Express Entry on his own without PR supporting LMIA and can guide me through the process.

My question is: with the LMIA in place, will the Express Entry process be more complicated? Will I need to complete additional steps, or is it simply a matter of indicating I have a job offer when creating my EE profile and submitting all necessary documents upon receiving an invitation?

Is it feasible for me to handle the EE application on my own, or would it be advisable to seek the lawyer's assistance?"

Thank you for reading, and any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
You can handle it by yourself. Many videos are available on YouTube for the same. With LMIA, you have to upload the document to the Job Offer section (after you receive ITA).

Bdw, when did your employer apply for the LMIA?

Reactions: Jaimishpatel41297
Mar 22, 2024
Canada
Category........
FSW
You can handle it by yourself. Many videos are available on YouTube for the same. With LMIA, you have to upload the document to the Job Offer section (after you receive ITA).

Bdw, when did your employer apply for the LMIA?
It took almost 5 months. They applied on 13 October, 2023.

Reactions: SNP0201