+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Sponsorship Eligibility Concerns-Family Class

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi All - just a quick question.

I got my PR back in 2010 (after just completing the landing formalities), but just 3 weeks back I migrated to canada permanently. Since my son was born after i received my PR (born in april 2011), he is not a PR yet. He is right now living with me in canada. Can I go ahead and sponsor him the PR and will the application get through ?

Note :
Concern -1 : I only have a contractor job making just 2,000 dollars per month. Would this low financial income impact my son's PR sponsorship application ?
Concern -2: I have only 2 years left out with my PR before it expires. I will spend all the time in canada without traveling out even a single day so as to meet the requirement to get my PR renewed after 2 years. Would my absence outside this country for first 3 years in the past impact my son's PR sponsorship application ?

If the above points will severely affect my son's PR sponsorship application, should I need to wait 1 year before I sponsor him ? He is right now on the visitor visa and living with me in ontario.

Please, kindly advise asap. Thanks a lot.

bye, Geo

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
If you meet the residency requirements, then you can sponsor him. As long as you have been 2 years out of 5 (or will be since you landed), then it should be fine.

About job : it's important to show that you're not on welfare, and that you have a steady income. If you have support from your family in some ways ( they host you etc), then get them to write a letter. but in general, it should be fine.

Good luck,
Sweden