+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR residency obligation -need clarification

swat159

Mar 20, 2015
Hi

Just wanna know if someone leaves Canada after a year of entry and reenters Canada after a gap of more than 3 years (obviously he won't be able to fulfill 2 years out of 5 years requirement) and if he scans his pr card at the automatic kiosk at the airport will he be denied entry and reported for not meeting the requirement of permanent residency.

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
swat159 said:
Hi

Just wanna know if someone leaves Canada after a year of entry and reenters Canada after a gap of more than 3 years (obviously he won't be able to fulfill 2 years out of 5 years requirement) and if he scans his pr card at the automatic kiosk at the airport will he be denied entry and reported for not meeting the requirement of permanent residency.

Thanks
That person may be sent to immigration secondary for further investigation, regardless of whether they use the automated system or see a border services officer. They will not be denied entry but may well be reported.

wizard88

Oct 26, 2013
Automatic kioks are available at all international airport arrival halls in Canada.

For Canadian scan passport & declaration card, for PR use your PR card & declaration card. Follow the screen instructions.

You will receive a copy of scan declaration card with code printed on it. At the end of the line ,show your copy to CBSA officer, base on the code ,if require

further questioning ,you will be directed to booth where the CBSA office will questions you,(Primary inspection ).If everything is in order ,he will sign &

stamp on the scan copy which you will pass to the officer before exit.

You initial assessment done by machine.

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Hi, Just wanted to check the obligations of PR maintenance. After getting my PR card, I went to Canada in 30 July 2013 and stayed there for a month and returned Dubai. Now I am planning to move permanently in the March 2016. Kindly guide me that this satisfies condition of maintaining PR and I will not find difficulties in entering canada again.

Also, If I can enter in June 2016 or not. Thanks for all information. Ruhi

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Ruhi123 said:
Hi, Just wanted to check the obligations of PR maintenance. After getting my PR card, I went to Canada in 30 July 2013 and stayed there for a month and returned Dubai. Now I am planning to move permanently in the March 2016. Kindly guide me that this satisfies condition of maintaining PR and I will not find difficulties in entering canada again.

Also, If I can enter in June 2016 or not. Thanks for all information. Ruhi
The date that you received your PR card is not important, the date that you landed and became a Permanent Resident is.
Having said that, you probably are in compliance with the dates that you have given, so no problem..