+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal submitted but residency obligation not met. please help

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All well that ends well and good to hear things worked out for your gf. I will remember Zardoz's rotating air mover quote for many a year to come..still has me chuckling. Very best wishes with the little one.

ktv369in

Oct 25, 2013
Msafiri, Habari,
I have few questions for you.
I got my Pr in Oct 2008 and i came for a month to canada nd went back to Tanzania. Last year i came to Canada in Feb 2013, the immigration officer at the airport asked why i didnt stay here and i explained situation. He told me, if you stay now in canada we will let you renew your PR although you wouldnt reach 2years (shorts of 3 months).
Last month i applied for renewal short of 3 months and i see my file has been sent to local office in Hamilton. Today i called they said now its sent to Ottawa. How long will it take? do i withdraw and re do again once i hit 2 years??

Same above applies to my wife BUT she is short of 1 days only and still her file is sent to local office. We have a son born in canada and we work with all taxes paid.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ktv369in,

When/what date did you apply to renew your PR card?

Did you apply as urgent processing?

How did you know that your file has been sent to the local office in Hamilton?

Maybe you still can withdraw your PR card renewal application?

ktv369in

Oct 25, 2013
I applied in Sept 2013. I applied as normal processing and i called CIC they told me it is sent to Hamilton local office and today they said now its being sent to ottawa from hamilton as they sahre load. Should i withdraw and re launch once i reach 2years?

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
My advice is to withdraw your application if it is still possible. Look at the cic website to see how you can withdraw your application. Once you have withdrawn your application, wait until you accumulate at least 730 days before applying again for PR card renewal. Of course, during that time, you should not leave Canada even a single day.

Msafiri, Leon, please advice if it is still possible to withdraw PR card renewal application that has been sent to local office.

By the way ktv369in, which date in September did you submit your application? The reason I am asking is because when I looked at the cic website (processing times), they said that as of Oct. 23, 2013, they are processing applications received up to Aug. 19, 2013. So I am wondering how come yours have already been processed... Apart from calling cic, were you able to see that status of your application online?

ktv369in

Oct 25, 2013
yes i could still see the status online:

Permanent Resident Card

We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 3, 2013.

We started processing your application on October 7, 2013.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 21, 2013. The local CIC office may contact you.

please advise....

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
ktv369in,

Withdraw your application if it is still possible...By the way, do you have any H&C reasons in case they ask you for an interview?

ktv369in

Oct 25, 2013
honestly i am confident if they ask me for interview but the time it takes is a killer as i am employed and am suppose to travel regualar.

I have my child born here, i couldnt come early coz i had to help my dad plus i had an accident and was under hospitalization in home country....i have all documents...my wife is short of 10days only and still they sent it to local office.....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it would be safer for you to withdraw your application and apply again when you have 2 years. If you are confident that you have solid H&C grounds not being able to meet the residency requirements, you can let your application roll but it will not be fast.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ktv369in,

I agree with the above posts advising you to withdraw the applications and re-apply once you have the 730 days needed. The timeline to receiving confirmation of withdrawal from CIC and you re-applying to getting a PR Card will most likely be less than the timeline to your current application being completed given case law and reports on this threads (12-15 months).