+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Questions ...need your help

salimsalim72

Jan 6, 2015
Hi Every one ,
Please I need an answer for my urgent question, and based on your answers I will take a decision , so please give me accurate and
trusted information plzzzzz based on ground

1- Based on normal PR renewal with all conditions applied on me , what is the average time to receive the new PR ?
2- The new PR will be for 5 or 6 Years ?
3- my 5 years PR will finish after year ,so I will live this year but I cant renew it as I need another extra year, but the new
PR is for 6 year , can I claim to add me this year for my PR ,so I can travel with comfort ?
4- Is there a questionnaire for PR renewal as the citizenship questionnaire ?
5- If I have PR 5 years and I just came before a month before the expiration , if I stay for 2 years without PR renewal, are they
going to renew it ? If YES , it will be normal renewal without difficulties ? Period if you know ? plz based on true stories and facts
6- if I will study a university degree , can I get OSAP without PR renewal ?

Thank you a lot

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
salimsalim72 said:
Hi Every one ,
Please I need an answer for my urgent question, and based on your answers I will take a decision , so please give me accurate and
trusted information plzzzzz based on ground

1- Based on normal PR renewal with all conditions applied on me , what is the average time to receive the new PR ?
2- The new PR will be for 5 or 6 Years ?
3- my 5 years PR will finish after year ,so I will live this year but I cant renew it as I need another extra year, but the new
PR is for 6 year , can I claim to add me this year for my PR ,so I can travel with comfort ?
4- Is there a questionnaire for PR renewal as the citizenship questionnaire ?
5- If I have PR 5 years and I just came before a month before the expiration , if I stay for 2 years without PR renewal, are they
going to renew it ? If YES , it will be normal renewal without difficulties ? Period if you know ? plz based on true stories and facts
6- if I will study a university degree , can I get OSAP without PR renewal ?

Thank you a lot
1. Renewals are taking roughly 5+ months to complete. Those are renewals with no complications.
2. PR cards are only good for 5 years from date of issuance. No exceptions.
3. You MUST comply with having 730 days of physical presence in Canada in any rolling 5 years since becoming a PR. It has nothing to do with the dates on your physical PR card. If you have been a PR for more than 5 years now, you must be able to look back 5 years on each day and say, yes, I have at least 730 days of physical presence in Canada. If you have anything less, then you risk losing your PR status.
4. Yes, you could get a PR Renewal RQ. They are essentially the same as those given for Citizenship, and yes, it will delay your PR card renewal.
5. As long as you meet the RO at the time of application, it does not matter how long ago your previous PR card expired. It will be a normal renewal provided you give them a proper application that they don't have to question.
6. I have absolutely no idea what OSAP would require from you in regards to obtain that so you'll have to ask them directly.

salimsalim72

Jan 6, 2015
Thank you a lot
Regarding question 5
"5- If I have PR 5 years and I just came before a month before the expiration , if I stay for 2 years without PR renewal, are they going to renew it ? "

is there a chance that they may refuse the PR renewal after I finished my 730 day physical presence in Canada?
the office may refuse it for any reason ? what this reason could be ?

Thanks alot

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salimsalim72 said:
Thank you a lot
Regarding question 5
"5- If I have PR 5 years and I just came before a month before the expiration , if I stay for 2 years without PR renewal, are they going to renew it ? "

is there a chance that they may refuse the PR renewal after I finished my 730 day physical presence in Canada?
the office may refuse it for any reason ? what this reason could be ?

Thanks alot
If you had some conditions on your PR card like having been sponsored as a spouse and expected to cohabit with your sponsor for 2 years and did not do this or you came under an entrepreneur class where the condition was to successfully run a business for x years and you did not do that, your renewal could be refused based on that.

Otherwise, it's unlikely to be refused unless they have some reason to believe that you have lied about having spent 730 days in Canada.

Immigration rules require them to only take into account the previous 5 years before you applied to renew so if you meet the RO and apply to renew your PR card, they can not go back in time and say that you did not meet the RO at some earlier time if they did not catch you at that time.

So if you try to enter Canada with a month left on your PR card, it's based on luck that you don't get caught on entry. If you get caught on entry, you get reported and most likely lose your PR. If you don't get caught on entry, you could live in Canada for 2 years, let your PR card expire and just deal with the consequences, possibly problems getting a drivers license, health care, finding a job, attending college etc. but after 2 years, you would be able to renew.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salimsalim72 said:
why this will effect finding a job Or attending college ?
The PR card was designed to help immigration officers identify PR's on entry but over the years, it is being asked for in Canada more and more as a proof of your PR status. Hence you may apply for a job and find that the prospective employer wants to see your valid PR card before they hire you or you may want to attend college and find that they ask to see your PR card every time you want to pay your tuition to prove that you are eligible for the reduced PR tuition rate vs. the international rate which is about 3 times higher.