+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal question - passport translation

angelazheng

Feb 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

Need some suggestions again.
so i just rec'd my new Chinese passport, and from previous posts I have read it is necessary to send out translations of your passport for every stamped page. so in my case since i just got this new passport yesterday, there is no stamp at all, should I photocopy my old passport and translate as well, then send out with my application together? or should I just photocopy my new passport and skip the translating part?

please help. thank you!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
angelazheng said:
Hi Guys,

Need some suggestions again.
so i just rec'd my new Chinese passport, and from previous posts I have read it is necessary to send out translations of your passport for every stamped page. so in my case since i just got this new passport yesterday, there is no stamp at all, should I photocopy my old passport and translate as well, then send out with my application together? or should I just photocopy my new passport and skip the translating part?

please help. thank you!
As per the instruction guide, here is it what it states, it does not say anything about translation of stamps however, it states translation of documents those are not in english or french. (Read Translation of documents section)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

One (1) main identity document

A photocopy of one of the following:

your valid passport or travel document or
the passport or travel document you had when you became a permanent resident (including the passport page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident) or
the certificate of identity or travel document issued by the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or a foreign country.

Read the whole instruction guide properly.
If you are still in doubt, send the photocopies of all the pages (stamped and biographical) pages of your old passport(s) including the translations and the photocopy of the new passport (biographical pages).

Remember, CIC may ask you more documents anytime in future while processing your application in case they need something.

Now, It's up to you how you want to proceed.