+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal and CBSA Travel History report

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
Hello

I'm preparing to apply for my PR renewal in a couple of months. I initially breached my RO because I was living with my mother as a dependent child. I moved to Canada just before my 19th birthday and have been here for almost 2 years straight without leaving

Since I lived in the Gulf, I'm anticipating a lot of delays and possible secondary review but I was wondering if I write a cover letter explaining my case and send it off with my application, would that help ? My case is quite different as I wasn't working in the gulf or anything I was just living as a dependent child so maybe if I explain this in a letter it would help ? I was 15 when I landed so I couldn't have moved sooner. Maybe officers would appreciate this.

I haven't seen my family in 2 years so I really hope I avoid secondary review. I've been going to college here and I have a part-time job at my college too

Also, would it be a problem if I order the CBSA Travel History Report just before I reach the 730-day mark ? Would that make CBSA report me to CIC for not meeting the residency obligation ?

Thank you very much

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you wait until you have been in Canada for at least 730 days before doing anything, otherwise you may be opening up a Pandora's Box because you have not met the RO.

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
I'm definitely not sending my application until I reach the 730 days mark (and a bit more) but I was just wondering if I have to be in compliance with the RO in order to request the CBSA Travel History report ?

I'm just trying to see what documents I can provide to avoid secondary review. I understand a lot of people try to play the system but it wasn't really my choice to stay for 4 years abroad.