+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renew-work in US

ximmihelpx

Jun 24, 2014
I currently work in US and my PR is going to expire in end of March.

I am wondering:
1) Is it okay to mail my application to my Canadian friends and ask them to mail it for me since I believe the package has to be mailed from within Canada?

2) on IMM5444E, should I put my friends' address in Canada as current and mailing address in Canada, and then on page 2, for address history and work history, show my real US address and work info?

3) I understand the current PR application process takes longer than 3 months--what will happen after my PR expire and I still do not get the new PR card? I submitted my citizenship application in Jan 2014--what will happen if I happen to get the citizenship test between the period that my old card expire and my new card has not been issued?

Thank you so much for your help! Really appreciate. I am totally confused.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ximmihelpx said:

I am wondering:
1) Is it okay to mail my application to my Canadian friends and ask them to mail it for me since I believe the package has to be mailed from within Canada?

2) on IMM5444E, should I put my friends' address in Canada as current and mailing address in Canada, and then on page 2, for address history and work history, show my real US address and work info?

3) I understand the current PR application process takes longer than 3 months--what will happen after my PR expire and I still do not get the new PR card? I submitted my citizenship application in Jan 2014--what will happen if I happen to get the citizenship test between the period that my old card expire and my new card has not been issued?

1) No its not OK. In the address history you will indicate that you were outside of Canada when you applied. In the signature part you will have to indicate where you signed the application. Thats an automatic rejection.

2) Yes.

3) You can drive to the border. They will let you in BUT if you get reported for not meeting residency obligations, your citizenship application will be on hold untill you prove otherwise.

ximmihelpx

Jun 24, 2014
Thank you.

Sorry I have an another question related--- if I need to get into Canada to mail my PR renewal application, is it recommended that I go back to the place where I became PR to mail out the applications, or is it okay if I just across the border to the nearest Canada post to mail it out. Is there any difference? Thank you!

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ximm,

In regards to your PR renewal application, have you been in Canada 730 days or more since you became PR? Or if you entered Canada now, would you be able to fulfill 730 days out of 5 years requirement? If you CAN then you may renew your PR, if not you will be found in breach of RO and stripped of our RO.

Also, if in the course of Citizenship app it is discovered that you have not met your residency obligation your Citizenship will be denied, you will be charged with fraud and stripped of your PR as well.

ximmihelpx

Jun 24, 2014
Hi--I have been in Canada almost everyday in the past five years until I left for my job in US four months ago--So I do not think that my residency obligation is an issue.

ximmihelpx

Jun 24, 2014
When I applied for my citizenship last January--I did not know that I would get a job in US because I really want to stay in Canada--and I am still trying to find a job back in canada so that I can move back probably in the future. However--it is not that easy. So currently, I really just want to get my PR renewed without problem so that I can probably get my citizenship. Any advice is really appreciated! Thanks again.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ximmihelpx said:

I am wondering:

1. Yes mail it to your contacts in Canada and they can in turn mail to CIC. You can cross the border into Canada and mail in person too.

2. In residential address put N/A - reside in US. In mailing address put your Canadian friends address.

3. Address history/ work history - your actual true US addresses.

4. Your query is not clear - are you asking can you travel to the test? Your options are:

(a) You can enter via the US/Canada land border with your landing documents and passport if not using commercial transportation (assumption you are non Canada visitor visa exempt national).

(b) If visitor visa exempt then re-enter Canada via land or air. Deal with CBSA who will verify your PR status.

(c) If non visitor visa exempt and want to fly get a PRTD.

5. You need to meet the RO until you get the oath. If at any point prior to oath you get examined and found to be in breach of the RO or any other reason for inadmissibility (e.g criminality) then any sec 44 report stops the citizenship process.

6. CIC policy is to require out of applicant PR Card renewal applicants to pick their card in person...they want to verify the declared absences so want to see your passport. See 4 for your travel to 'pick up options'.