+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR processing time!

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi there,

My family are residing in Canada now. They have refugee/ protected status and applied for PR since December 2017. i'm still in my home country. They included me in their application for PR. Here is some info about our case and few questions:

- Our second child was born in Canada before getting out legal status.
- Our application for PR received by the immigration in Feb 2018. We've been notified.

Questions:
- How long does it take to get reunified with my family?
- I haven't seen my newborn son yet, is there any way i can visit them and wait the processing time inside Canada?
- Do MPs of the area have any effect on speeding up the time processing?
- Is the H&C is valid for my case? any other recommendations please!

i really miss my family particularly my newborn guy. it's been two years they're not with me :(

Thank you for your advice and recommendations!

Regards,
Hemin

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The time to PR has just been raised to 32 months so it will likely be around another 2 years until you can see your family. No an MP can't help until you have exceeded the normal processing time. They can only really make enquiries after that. No unfortunately no way for you to visit them in Canada. You don't qualify for H&C and if you did it is also a long process. Unfortunately your situation is not uncommon.

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Am i also eligible to apply for visitor visa? will there be any chance to get it and visit them?
what if i entered Canada from US borders, would it be a right decision to make? does it affect our current PR process?

Thanks much,