wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we all know we are in for the long haul dealing with this bloody place. Let us know your experiences.

I was approved to sponsor on July 29, 2010. Application forwarded to Singapore for further processing.... and now waiting..

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Our application is still in CPC-M but we are expecting it to be transferred soon. I think it seems like Singapore takes a long time according to the processing times, but in reality I think they are faster as long as everything you submit is accurate and you gave them everything they asked for. I've seen a couple people's cases who were finished in Singapore within 3 months. I am actually not to worried about rushing the whole process though because I am here in Thailand with my loved one and we are both working in jobs we love here, so we are just living life and not worrying about rushing the process. Which part of Thailand are you in?

Core

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahhh, ya lucky bugger.

I'm back in Canada now. I used to live down in Phuket, had a small burger restaurant, the girl I was with ended up getting pregnant so I returned home to get things going. I'm looking everyday for ways in which we could just live there together. Something about Canada that just doesn't do it for me, which is a horrible thing to say on a board full of people willing to give their lives to be here -- I do realize we're very fortunate. My wife and son live in the northwest region, in the province of Kamphaeng Phet.

My app was received by post at CPC-M on June 28th - so it was processed in about a month exactly, pretty fast. It does say 80% are finalized in 17 months in Singapore, which is crazy. One can only hope for the best eh.

How about yourself? Where abouts are you living? What occupation is affording you the luxury of staying in that fantastic country??

Good Luck!!

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
I'm in Trang province bordering the Andaman Sea. Both my partner and I are teaching in a university here. Actually, the university is right on the beach. I am actually anxious to get back to Canada cause I want to study another degree and I am running out of distance class options. We've been here for three years now. Two years teaching matayom and now thank goodness we moved up into university.

A burger place, wow. I haven't had one of those in a long time! I would kill for a burger now that I think of it! Best of luck to you!

wilder1047

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bump badda bump bump.... bump bump!!!

bholebabaji

Apr 12, 2010
:mad:
I sponsored my Thai wife back in Sept 09. File was transferred to Singapore VO in Nov 09. She received a letter in March 10 telling her that she was on the interview list. Haven't heard anything from them till today. I am ordering CAIPS and see if there is any new developement.

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Does Singapore tend to interview a large proportion of the applicants?

ggood

Star Member
Mar 4, 2010
Coquitlam, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 06 2009
File Transfer...
14 08 2009
Med's Request
02 02 2010 requested for other paper work
Med's Done....
19 04 2010 "Medical results have been received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 04 2010
VISA ISSUED...
10 05 2010
LANDED..........
13 05 2010
Mine was 9 months. Just hold in there everybody! Mine timeline is posted under Singapore aswell.

hoang26

Sep 19, 2010
hey i tried to replied to your inbox but it is full so i cannot send it there hehe. anyway. thanks so much for your quick reply, I am soooooooooo stressed out as well, cant even sleep. I didnt know about the electronic fingerprint until now. i have already did the paper fingerpring but thats gonna take 4 months for Ottawa to process so Im gonna drive to Vancouver this week to get it done Electronically like you said. When they send the Police Certificate to Singapore, how did you know when it was sent? did they notified you or send you a copy of the certificate? man you have no idea how much i appreciate someone like you replying to me as we are practically in the same boat. 6 months already and still waiting huh. wow i wish you guys the best of everything. I think my wife has to do the interview b/c we met online i think, its hard to say. but anyway. again i thankyou for the reply. hope we can still keep in touch. how come your wife's medical and police clearance expire so soon. when did she get them? my wife got both of those in May. how long do they last?