+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Processing time after biometrics - 2020

Maulakh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Hi,

Since your processing time is crossed 100% as of Dec 17th, can you confirm whether do you see status/ message as "your application is taking longer than usual" on your profile/ portal. Mine crossed 100% scheduled processing time as of Sept 17th and biometric was completed on Oct 27th but still awaiting for COPR, also i see the message "your application is taking longer".. so wondering whether this message is realistic based on individual application complexity or this messages comes up automatically for anyone as soon as 100% scheduled processing time is complete.

thanks.
This comes up automatically because i see it too. I completed 100% on dec 24th still no response.

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hi All,

AOR: August 20th 2020
Medical: December 24, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Biometrics: October 8, 2020 Completed.
Inland CEC

They have sent Biometric request letter for my elder daughter (in Canada with me) and my wife (In India) on 23rd December and we had given my daughter's biometrics on 24th December. We still couldn't give my wife's Biometrics as they aren't yet accepting biometrics there in India. But my status shows Biometrics completed, does it mean her biometrics are exempted? (or they may already have it because she has a 10 year visit visa which she got in 2017?).

Anybody in the same situation?

LongwaytogoPR

Nov 22, 2019
Hi All,

AOR: August 20th 2020
Medical: December 24, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Biometrics: October 8, 2020 Completed.
Inland CEC

They have sent Biometric request letter for my elder daughter (in Canada with me) and my wife (In India) on 23rd December and we had given my daughter's biometrics on 24th December. We still couldn't give my wife's Biometrics as they aren't yet accepting biometrics there in India. But my status shows Biometrics completed, does it mean her biometrics are exempted? (or they may already have it because she has a 10 year visit visa which she got in 2017?).

Anybody in the same situation?
Based on recent past update by government of canada to prevent covid only for Inland applicants
if biometric test was already given in the previous applications such as either work permit/visitor visa application then there is no need to give biometric test again for permanent residency. This was not the case before covid. But, they changed the process for covid.

If you guys not given biometric test earlier then all applicants must give biometric test. These details can be found in canada.ca
In your case, since your application is inland they would have treated as complete if she was given biometric in the past.. or it could be system issue.

Last edited:

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Based on recent past update by government of canada to prevent covid only for Inland applicants
if biometric test was already given in the previous applications such as either work permit/visitor visa application then there is no need to give biometric test again for permanent residency. This was not the case before covid. But, they changed the process for covid.

If you guys not given biometric test earlier then all applicants must give biometric test. These details can be found in canada.ca
In your case, since your application is inland they would have treated as complete if she was given biometric in the past.. or it could be system issue.
Hi, thanks for the reply! I just checked online, and I don't think we have given my wife's biometrics when she applied for visit visa. So it might be a system issue as you said or they have treated it as complete. I guess we just have to wait till they open for biometrics in India. Thanks again for replying!

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hi, thanks for the reply! I just checked online, and I don't think we have given my wife's biometrics when she applied for visit visa. So it might be a system issue as you said or they have treated it as complete. I guess we just have to wait till they open for biometrics in India. Thanks again for replying!
You can order GCMS notes to know what is the status of biometrics for each individual. Most likely, they use an older biometric that she provide before. I don't think that they gave her visa without biometrics.

ENORM123

Feb 24, 2020
Hi All,

AOR: MAY 25TH, 2020
Medical: July 14th, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Biometrics: December 3rd, 2020 completed.
Inland CEC

nothing after. Besides calling and emailing any other way to find what is happening?

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Hi All,

AOR: MAY 25TH, 2020
Medical: July 14th, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Biometrics: December 3rd, 2020 completed.
Inland CEC

nothing after. Besides calling and emailing any other way to find what is happening?
Did you contact IRCC to check if eligibility/Security/Criminality/Info Sharing/VO Office and lastly when the profile was last updated or touched.

ENORM123

Feb 24, 2020
Did you contact IRCC to check if eligibility/Security/Criminality/Info Sharing/VO Office and lastly when the profile was last updated or touched.
I sent a message through the IRCC webform 2 weeks ago but no answers yet. I have been trying to call them but that is in vain as well. Any other ways I could try to get in touch with them? Even paid to get the GCMS notes but still waiting.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
I sent a message through the IRCC webform 2 weeks ago but no answers yet. I have been trying to call them but that is in vain as well. Any other ways I could try to get in touch with them? Even paid to get the GCMS notes but still waiting.
If you are are inland best time to call is 8:00 Am EST. Always works. Webform takes some time like I received my response to webform after a month and half.