+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR portal while outside Canada

alal123

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
All,

I was a CEC inland applicant but I lost my job and moved out of Canada. Meanwhile my PR application was processing and I recently got PR portal email. Can someone please let me know what should be done? Since I am no longer in Canada, I want to get PPR before i move to Canada. What steps should be taken to get that?

Thanks

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
All,

I was a CEC inland applicant but I lost my job and moved out of Canada. Meanwhile my PR application was processing and I recently got PR portal email. Can someone please let me know what should be done? Since I am no longer in Canada, I want to get PPR before i move to Canada. What steps should be taken to get that?

Thanks
Are you planning to go back to Canada soon? You need to be in Canada to confirm your permanent residence status. There is a tab in PR portal asking you to confirm your present in Canada. I don’t think you can get PR outside of Canada when you are CEC inland applicant.

alal123

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
So I lost my job in Canada through which I got the invitation under CEC. There's no way I can enter Canada at the moment without the PR visa on my passport (PPR). So can't IRCC give me a PPR request?

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
So I lost my job in Canada through which I got the invitation under CEC. There's no way I can enter Canada at the moment without the PR visa on my passport (PPR). So can't IRCC give me a PPR request?
Did you ever notice IRCC that you lost your job? You need to inform them immediately and explain your situation and they will tell you what to do. The moment you lost your job, your points are deducted by 50 points. If your points are still above the cutoff then they will tell you your next steps. If your points are below then they might refuse your application. How long have you been moved out of Canada?
Try to call IRCC or send them email/webform, that’s the quickest way to get the most accurate answer.

alal123

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Been 8 months since I left Canada. IRCC knows that I lost my job after which they sent me the portal link.

ciecie

Mar 9, 2023
Been 8 months since I left Canada. IRCC knows that I lost my job after which they sent me the portal link.
Yeah but do they know you are no longer living in Canada? I think I saw some people losing their jobs but still got their PR eventually, but they still live in Canada. Your case is a bit rare so I think calling IRCC is the best option right now. Or try replying to that portal email stating your situation. Hope you get your answer.

alal123

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Will reply to the portal email. I had created a webform notifying them that I am outside the country after I lost my job. No idea why they still sent a portal.