+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR/MSP

jckchn

Jun 21, 2017
I am a returning resident not meeting RO and I never have a PR Card.

I am enrolling the BC MSP. After 7 weeks of waiting, I called MSP and the officer said I need to provide PR card because my IMM1000 has been expired. I said I don't have PR card. The officer said I need to talk to the immigration office.

I don't want to bother immigration office and I don't think my IMM1000 is expired.

What should I do?

Please help, thanks.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I think they meant to say your IMM1000 is not longer valid identification for MSP. If they want a PR card to sign you up, your going to have to choose between renewing and the potential for being reported for RO or not having MSP. IMM1000 and COPR's are only valid for 1 year for identification purposes.

yujue108

Jul 13, 2022
I am a returning resident not meeting RO and I never have a PR Card.

I am enrolling the BC MSP. After 7 weeks of waiting, I called MSP and the officer said I need to provide PR card because my IMM1000 has been expired. I said I don't have PR card. The officer said I need to talk to the immigration office.

I don't want to bother immigration office and I don't think my IMM1000 is expired.

What should I do?

Please help, thanks.
I am in the same situation with you. would you please update us on the progress?