+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR living in tax free country

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
pithuda said:
Can someone please advise if there is form for declaring networth (assets liabilities) etc?

Or if there is no form and I print my network on a piece of paper, would canadian immigration/customs sign and stamp it if I request them?

My tax accountant is suggesting that I should get it stamped by them on my next visit. I landed last year and returned after 1 month. I am moving to Canada next month permanently and my tax accountant asked me to get this done, although he is not sure how its done.

Any advice?
Why would anybody / govt stamp or sign your networth ? especially if you have not filed your returns here in Canada ?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
jhyngx said:
thank you guys.my fiance is not a canadian citizen.

How about this, if i will stay every 183 days atleast or 6 mos in Canada and just take a vacation to Saudi Arabia every 6 mos. I will still meet the PR obligations?

How about my future husband, does he need to file tax every year too?
Note that with the new rules for citizenship, while you may meet PR obligation, there might be an issue when you apply for citizenship. There is now a "intend to reside clause" in the citizenship application. If you live outside of Canada 6 months out of a year, they may question your intention to reside in Canada when you apply for citizenship.

Your application for citizenship maybe successful, but be prepared for questions from the CIC on that

Ray

Shavithe

Jun 25, 2015
I am willing to transfer my money from my home country to Canada and want to open a bank account. So any body can tell me how to open an account in Canadian Bank?