+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR initial approval

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Hi everyone, I received my study permit today, and down the document it says:

Remarks,:
Your application for PR received initial aprovel.
Does not confer temporary resident status.
does that mean I passed stage1?????

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Kornet said:
Hi everyone, I received my study permit today, and down the document it says:

Remarks,:
Your application for PR received initial aprovel.
Does not confer temporary resident status.
does that mean I passed stage1?????
Yes thats what it says :)

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
So how long is stage 2 .BTW, my application was received May 2015 and my security screening done by CSIS is still valid.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Kornet said:
So how long is stage 2 .BTW, my application was received May 2015 and my security screening done by CSIS is still valid.
Its hard to answer how much time CIC will take to complete your stage 2. in general it takes about 10 months for stage 2.
Officially you can expect something once you receive any correspondence from CIC and not based on your study permit remarks.
was your previous security screening initiated by CIC for PR purpose or was it something else? if you are referring your security screening which was done for your refugee claim then every one here went through the same and still their stage 2 took long before they get DM.

as per the post here 2015 applicants seems to be processed fast and hope you get your DM soon.

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
kriv said:
Its hard to answer how much time CIC will take to complete your stage 2. in general it takes about 10 months for stage 2.
Officially you can expect something once you receive any correspondence from CIC and not based on your study permit remarks.
was your previous security screening initiated by CIC for PR purpose or was it something else? if you are referring your security screening which was done for your refugee claim then every one here went through the same and still their stage 2 took long before they get DM.

as per the post here 2015 applicants seems to be processed fast and hope you get your DM soon.
I called Cic today to ask them about it>>>>the lady told me it's not possible because the initial approval is 19 months ....now I'm confused .

amahmustang

Nov 26, 2015
what did you found out by the end? CIC received my PR application on Feb 2015. How would I be able to know if I had the initial approval? I am a protected person btw.

fsfh60

Apr 26, 2012
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
Hello there, I have the same message on my study permit , and I am also a Protected person who applied for PR back in October. I think its a generic statement saying you've been found to be a protected person thats all. hope I am wrong .Cheers!