+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR from India vs PR from Canada

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
I and my spouse are software engineers(NOC:2174).Last year September, I decided to file PR to Canada from India. I know the process would take around 2 yrs. So, I and my spouse have written IELTS and got reasonable scores. We were ready to place the application once the Canada opens the PR quota this year probably May.

But, here is the twist in the story. My spouse cracked an interview in one of the big company and they are ready to sponsor her the visa. Right now, there are getting ready to launch LMO. If everything goes well, we would land there by Nov 2014. This company would also help to file the PR once the employee becomes part of the company.

Now, my questions are
1. Where should I process my PR from? Remember, If we apply from India we would apply in year 2014 and If we apply from Canada it would be in the year 2016(After getting one year of Canadian experience which will give more points)
2. What is the processing time for getting PR if you apply it from Canada(When you are in Canada with temporary work visa). If the processing time is less I would prefer to apply when I am in Canada?

Please advice.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Intocanada said:
Now, my questions are
1. Where should I process my PR from? Remember, If we apply from India we would apply in year 2014 and If we apply from Canada it would be in the year 2016(After getting one year of Canadian experience which will give more points) - Apply from Canada , as no one is sure that your NOC will be in list next year or not
[/color]
2. What is the processing time for getting PR if you apply it from Canada(When you are in Canada with temporary work visa). If the processing time is less I would prefer to apply when I am in Canada? - Forget about this , it will be Max 2 Years

Please advice.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hi,

I am also a software professional.Could you pls elaborate how you worked to get interview calls while in India.Would be really helpful.Appreciate your response.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Techniques we followed are -
-Increasing the network in linked in. Don't hesitate to contact the hr and ask whether they can recruit foreign candidate in case a new job opens up.(will not work 99 times out of 100, but that one positive response could be your opportunity)
-Browse through province website. BC website has a filter where you will come to know whether employers are ready to sponsor temporary work visa.

After repeated attempts, finally got one call. Fortunately, the interview was cleared and got the offer. Remember, if you are working in your country, you can take multiple interviews and generally after 4-5 interview, you turn out good. But, if you are trying to get a Job in Canada, you should be smart enough to crack it the first time because opportunities that recruit foreign candidates may be very less.