+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for Semi Skilled Temporary Workers?

D

djssaini

Hi,
Is there any hope for Semi Skilled Temp Worker in Canada to be eligible for PR after working some time in Canada? Does any body know if there is/will be any immigration rule changes for Semi Skilled (low) Temp Workers to qualify for PR based on Canada Experience i.e. Canada Experience Class or any PNP program?

Thx

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
In BC Waiters,Fast Food Workers,Janitors,Bell Boys,Laundry workers etc are eligible.Alberta has the same for some Factory workers,Check the PNP s of the Different Provinces,Dont Forget each Province is allowed to make its own immigration law.So the answer is yes

D

djssaini

I am Assistant Drywaller (Construction labor, noc#7611) and does not seem like this occupation is in Alberta / BC Semi Skilled/low skilled PNP category.. Is there any initiative to expand the occupations list for semi skilled/low skilled categories to include Construction sector soon? I am completing 2 yrs in Canada in couple of months and hoping to be eligible for PR under PNP or canada...don't know how..pls. help?

Regards

H

HBK

if you are contributing in canadian economy obiviously elegible for pr

BartBol

Nov 18, 2011
have someone recieved nomination under PNP semi skilled worker ?? how difficult is to get nomination if you work as a Server / Waiter in BC? ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To get PR as a semi-skilled worker, you must 1) be working under one of the NOC's allowed under the PNP where you work, 2) you must meet the requirements of the PNP in that province, work 6-9 months, etc., 3) you must get sponsored by your employer and 4) you must stay in that job until you get your PR.

If your employer nominates you and you otherwise meet the requirements to apply, you will get PR.

BartBol

Nov 18, 2011
i understand all requirements but right now i look for informations that will help me to decied where i should be staying BC or Saskatchewan
i know that there is hospitality program in Sask but BC seems to have bigger job market
where should be easier to recieve positive LMO ??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have job offers in both BC and SK and would qualify for both of their PNP's, you should ask both employers to file for LMO. If one of them gets it, you know where you'll go. If both get it, then you can still decide.

A

albertian

yes definately you can get residency semi skilled worker only few province offer residency like alberta ,yukon,briish colombia sasktchwen if you show interest to living in these province permanentaly and work regular 6 month with valid work permit in alberta and 9 to 10 month in other province then prvince offer you permanent residency .newfoundland labrador also offer residency to skilled worker you can get also residency in semi skilled worker in these provine but your future employer has to be proved that he could not find suitable worker for this job canadian and local permanent residency then you can still get lmo frm hrsdc then apply for work permit so after you have to work mnimum six month then you would be ligible for residency because provonce will help you to get pr . good things about semi skilled minimum training and experience required and no english test no point system in newfoundland and labrador .if you requires in other province all level are same except enlish requirement may be they require or not if rquired it will be minimu like 4 band in ielts i hope you got you answer