+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for protected persons

AAMM_2015

Feb 17, 2016
Hi
Does anyone know the "security check" in which stage of the permanent residence application in Canada (protected persons)?

Please share what steps happen during each stage....if you have a link please send it.

Thanks

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
depend what country you come from and also depend your identification you prove when you apply asylum if they knew you already this is help much, for example if you come to Canada legally with visa and your passport , your PR wont take more than 1 year you will get but if you come from US crossing boarder and other illegal way to Canada it will take much longer maybe around 2 year but no longer. there is no links for my answer but this experience come from me and my friend he came here with Canadian visa full legal way and then apply asylum after everything gone smooth because they knew him and he didnt break a law at all , but me in same country of my friend i came to US legally and also come to Buffalo Viva La cas then they brought me here and apply asylum, but still consider me as illegal crossing boarder, so i came here one week before him my hearing day one week after him he got his positive answer in hearing day i got my positive answer 11 month later they just hold it for no reason until i write letter to jason kenney hi was immigration minster then they sent me my positive answer, after we apply for PR took my friend less one year to get his PR took me 1 year and 10 months , he apply his citizenship he got in 9 months, even i didnt have chance to apply citizenship Bill c-24 come up and affect me to delay 2 years now i have to apply citizenship in some time in 2018 but my friend he got his in 2015

AAMM_2015

Feb 17, 2016
canadatraveldocument said:
depend what country you come from and also depend your identification you prove when you apply asylum if they knew you already this is help much, for example if you come to Canada legally with visa and your passport , your PR wont take more than 1 year you will get but if you come from US crossing boarder and other illegal way to Canada it will take much longer maybe around 2 year but no longer. there is no links for my answer but this experience come from me and my friend he came here with Canadian visa full legal way and then apply asylum after everything gone smooth because they knew him and he didnt break a law at all , but me in same country of my friend i came to US legally and also come to Buffalo Viva La cas then they brought me here and apply asylum, but still consider me as illegal crossing boarder, so i came here one week before him my hearing day one week after him he got his positive answer in hearing day i got my positive answer 11 month later they just hold it for no reason until i write letter to jason kenney hi was immigration minster then they sent me my positive answer, after we apply for PR took my friend less one year to get his PR took me 1 year and 10 months , he apply his citizenship he got in 9 months, even i didnt have chance to apply citizenship Bill c-24 come up and affect me to delay 2 years now i have to apply citizenship in some time in 2018 but my friend he got his in 2015
thanks for your answer. sorry to hear about your difficulties but hope you get your citizenship soon.

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
AAMM_2015 said:
Hi
Does anyone know the "security check" in which stage of the permanent residence application in Canada (protected persons)?

Please share what steps happen during each stage....if you have a link please send it.

Thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/protect/index.asp
Background check is the final stage of process
If you are a permanent resident applicant as a refugee, then follow this thread..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/time-line-for-permanent-residence-application-for-refugees-t17484.4245.html
I hope this will help.

Poor Man

Feb 8, 2014
canadatraveldocument said:
Your answer is correct in other case if applicants name and date of birth matches with some one else that's another case for delay but not more then few weeks extra.

AAMM_2015

Feb 17, 2016
Lasso said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/protect/index.asp
Background check is the final stage of process
If you are a permanent resident applicant as a refugee, then follow this thread..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/time-line-for-permanent-residence-application-for-refugees-t17484.4245.html
I hope this will help.
Thank you...I hope its in the final stage!

bobbymad

Mar 6, 2017
hi this is bobby can any one answer for this... i applied for a refujee...cic accepted on oct 1st....i applied for pr in oct 14th...still i didnt get any update...please can any one answer this

Poor Man

Feb 8, 2014
bobbymad said:
hi this is bobby can any one answer for this... i applied for a refujee...cic accepted on oct 1st....i applied for pr in oct 14th...still i didnt get any update...please can any one answer this
U r at stage 1, which could take 9 months to 1 year or more and then another 10 month for stage 2 they say on CIC website but it could be another year and half from that point, because this is the stage where u r now is pretty slow, needs lot of patience, criminality back ground checks takes over a year in most cases alone. So u r pretty far from PR I think .there is a big line up in front of u right now, there is no short cut to it.

Tibboy35

Oct 25, 2016
Hi guys, my question is, how many of you guys have received the statement saying ( medical results received) and still waiting for the next step. I mean how long you were stuck or still stuck at this process. Pls share. Months or years you have waited after they received the medical..

bobbymad

Mar 6, 2017
thank u so much...and one one more thing..recently i changed my home..but i didnt change in my pr application which is at cic...but all the mails are coming to my new home..i have a redirected by canada post..is that ok..redirecting mails

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Tibboy35 said:
Hi guys, my question is, how many of you guys have received the statement saying ( medical results received) and still waiting for the next step. I mean how long you were stuck or still stuck at this process. Pls share. Months or years you have waited after they received the medical..
I know someone stuck in this process for 29 months but many more than that

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
bobbymad said:
thank u so much...and one one more thing..recently i changed my home..but i didnt change in my pr application which is at cic...but all the mails are coming to my new home..i have a redirected by canada post..is that ok..redirecting mails
Go by the book, update your address with IRCC

North Star

Feb 25, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lasso said:
I know someone stuck in this process for 29 months but many more than that
may be the person has criminal back ground that's why its take too long...