+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Express Entry CEC - Sydney VO Delays???

kkvs123

Jan 3, 2024
Hello! First post here, no idea if this is the right way to do it but hoping i can get any help!

I got my AOR two on the PR portal on September 29th, 2023. I’ve had a couple contacts submit their photo and address around or even after my Sep 29 date, and they have received their eCOPR’s. I was never notified of what Visa Office was handling my case on the portal 1 or portal 2 emails I received, all it said was "Virtual Landing Unit" and some Centralized stuff.

I emailed IRCC on Dec 11, and on this Tuesday Jan 2nd, they responded letting me know my application was being processed at the centralized intake office in Sydney, NS.

Today is also the first time I found out this application tracker exists, so signed up for it:
https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

This showed all four stages including eligibility and background check stages as "completed", with my "Overview" page showing my application as "in progress". Weird thing is when I log into my GCKey, it does show my medial and biometrics as completed however still shows eligibility and background check as "under review". Not to mention its now been 3.5 months since I have sent in my photo and mailing address for the card, I am worried.

Is this normal?? Anyone else in the same boat waiting for Sydney VO???

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello! First post here, no idea if this is the right way to do it but hoping i can get any help!

I got my AOR two on the PR portal on September 29th, 2023. I’ve had a couple contacts submit their photo and address around or even after my Sep 29 date, and they have received their eCOPR’s. I was never notified of what Visa Office was handling my case on the portal 1 or portal 2 emails I received, all it said was "Virtual Landing Unit" and some Centralized stuff.

I emailed IRCC on Dec 11, and on this Tuesday Jan 2nd, they responded letting me know my application was being processed at the centralized intake office in Sydney, NS.

Today is also the first time I found out this application tracker exists, so signed up for it:
https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

This showed all four stages including eligibility and background check stages as "completed", with my "Overview" page showing my application as "in progress". Weird thing is when I log into my GCKey, it does show my medial and biometrics as completed however still shows eligibility and background check as "under review". Not to mention its now been 3.5 months since I have sent in my photo and mailing address for the card, I am worried.

Is this normal?? Anyone else in the same boat waiting for Sydney VO???
Nothing to worry about. Your application was approved, but it is taking time to get processed. You can see VLU timelines here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/virtual-landing-unit-only-credentials-pr-timeline.734697/page-61

As far as the part about GCKey, it will stay in progress/under review till you are virtually landed. Don't worry about what GCKey shows. My GCkey status was updated when my passports were stamped(similar for a lot of inland applicants).

Reactions: kkvs123