+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR crad renewal + passport renewal

angelazheng

Feb 6, 2015
Hi Guys,
I need some help here!

My first PR card will be expired this June, and I am about to send out all the needed documents and form out this next week. Today I pulled out my passport and tried to make some photocopies and noticed that my passport will be expired this April!!! (perfect timing hey!!!) So I know I have to renew my passport ad it is expiring less than 6 months. I booked my appointment today for Feb. 8 as January has already been fully booked. It usually takes 15 business days to get a new passport. My concern is if I receive my new passport by the end of Feb. and send out my PR renewal request in March, would I have enough time to get a new card before the old one expires? I am working and living in Canada & only go back home for visiting so my days of staying in Canada meet the required days, that's not an issue.
Any information would be helpful! thank you in advance!!

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AS long as you are not planning on travelling before receiving your new card, I would recommend waiting for your new passport before sending in the application.

angelazheng

Feb 6, 2015
dlre said:
AS long as you are not planning on travelling before receiving your new card, I would recommend waiting for your new passport before sending in the application.
Thank you, i actually do plan to go back home this summer, maybe July. But i guess i will have to wait till i receive my new card. hope it won't be too slow.