+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Apr 8, 2024
My P1 was March 18th and P2 April 9, ecoPR expiry March 6, 2025. Waiting on ecoPR. So I guess it really depends on the officer. Some are getting thru emails faster than others.

Rani2030

Dec 18, 2023
You need to explain your situation to the officer. I’ve heard cases where applicants reply back to the portal 1 email explaining they are not in Canada and do not have an estimated time as they don’t have TRV and the officer sends them a passport request that way they get an immigrant visa and ecopr when they land in canada.

I am not sure if this will work for your case. But u need to explain it to the officer by sending them email and submit a webform as well. If u did mention in your portal 1 email that you are not inside canada and they still sent you portal 2 don’t worry it’s not on you. When they see your follow up emails and inquiry they will understand.
Thanks

I already mentioned in P1 that I'm not in Canada and raised webform but no reply yet

worried that they might cancel or reject my application because of this

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023

1. Thanks

I already mentioned in P1 that I'm not in Canada and raised webform but no reply yet

worried that they might cancel or reject my application because of this
    I know it’s scary because immigration is so stressful, but if you mentioned it in P1 they will just wait until you are back to continue the process . I don’t think they will cancel your application for that especially since you were honest in the first email.

If you need reassurance search on reddit for people in similar situations and you can see IRCC just emailed them back after the date they said they would return to Canada. Your process may take a little longer because you have to get back here but I really don't think your application will be thrown away.

You can also call IRCC and ask

Last edited:

Rani2030

Dec 18, 2023

1. I know it’s scary because immigration is so stressful, but if you mentioned it in P1 they will just wait until you are back to continue the process . I don’t think they will cancel your application for that especially since you were honest in the first email.

If you need reassurance search on reddit for people in similar situations and you can see IRCC just emailed them back after the date they said they would return to Canada. Your process may take a little longer because you have to get back here but I really don't think your application will be thrown away.

You can also call IRCC and ask
I know it is so stressful, but I just received an email from IRCC asking me to send my visa and pictures to a closer visa application center and make a payment for "Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) "

is this normal? i never heard about the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
I know it is so stressful, but I just received an email from IRCC asking me to send my visa and pictures to a closer visa application center and make a payment for "Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) "

I think this may be above the pay grade of this forum. If you are really worried I would reach out to a consultant or lawyer who is famliar with immigration law and ask them what is normal. There are some experts who do free Q&As on youtube you could try to ask them your question

Reactions: Rani2030

Carrot__

Star Member
Apr 2, 2024

You have to pay for Right of Permanent Residence once your application is approved if you didn’t pay for it when u apply for PR. When u submit your application you pay application fee + Right of Permanent Residence Fee (or you can just pay your application fees and when your application is approved and ready for virtual landing the officer requests you to pay RPRF.)