+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

queenring17

Feb 8, 2024
Guys, I got only 1 email from PR Portal, that my ecopr is available to download and my pr status confirmed. But I didn’t get the second email with additional information. Is it ok?

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
Guys, I got only 1 email from PR Portal, that my ecopr is available to download and my pr status confirmed. But I didn’t get the second email with additional information. Is it ok?
That happened to someone last week. I think as long as you have you ecopr you are good to go. If you are worried check the forum from last friday to see the similar case.

Reactions: Carrot__

8343fries

Star Member
Jan 11, 2023
Hey guys, I am officially a permanent resident now! Woohoo! My e-CoPR has just arrived from Montreal with the following message:

''Congratulations! Your status as a permanent resident is confirmed. An IRCC case worker will send you a message with further information; the message will come from an email address ending in @cic.gc.ca. To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder. Your electronic Confirmation of Permanent Resident (eCoPR) is available to download in your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.''

I haven't received any other e-mail yet, so I'm not sure what else they're going to send me, but I was able to download my e-COPR. Again, here's my timeline:

AOR: September 25, 2023
Final Decision: February 1, 2024
P1: February 5, 2024
P2: February 26, 2024
e-COPR: April 5, 2024 (expiration date: January 8, 2025)
@queenring17
This is what happened last week. i think maybe it just happens sometimes. You will eventually get your email. Search Peter92 to see what happened. It must of been fine becaue their PR card was already mailed

peter92

Mar 7, 2023
oh) thank you so much. I guess if I have ecopr document - it means all good !
thank you !!!
Congrats on getting your e-CoPR! I received the second e-mail three hours after the first one. It will come soon, don't worry! :) But really, the only thing that is of any importance in that second e-mail is the subject line that says ‘’Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada!''

Last edited:

queenring17

Feb 8, 2024
Congrats on getting your e-CoPR! I received the second e-mail three hours after the first one. It will come soon, don't worry! :) But really, the only thing that is of any importance in that second e-mail is the subject line that says ‘’Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada!''
It’s 3 hours since last email and still nothing
But ! I’m happy anyway! Thanks a lot! And congrats to you, as well!

exhaustedotter

Apr 3, 2024
I just received the ecopr email! Seems I was wrong, my expiry date was october 2024 btw, at least thats what the IRCC agent told me.

Last edited: