+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Savy47

Sep 29, 2023
Congratulations .Did sending emails helped to get Ecopr ?
honestly i am not sure but i raised a web form on 3 January and i got a following reply back today 1 hour before getting ECOPR .

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that, following a previous enquiry, an agent took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request on January 9th, 2024.
Rest assured that IRCC is making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be contacted when a decision is made or if additional information is required.​

Reactions: Jin25 and jasbir101

makaloo

Oct 20, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
The application tracker has been down consistently for the past few weeks. Is everyone else also running into this issue?

jasbir101

May 4, 2022
honestly i am not sure but i raised a web form on 3 January and i got a following reply back today 1 hour before getting ECOPR .

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that, following a previous enquiry, an agent took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request on January 9th, 2024.
Rest assured that IRCC is making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be contacted when a decision is made or if additional information is required.​
Can you please confirm what it show in application status tracker (not PR Portal ) after ecopr is issued? Does it show COPR is issued ?

Bluish

Jan 10, 2024
VO Montreal
Portal 1: Nov 27 2023
Portal 2: Jan 10 2024
COPR expiry Nov 2024

Waiting game starts for eCOPR and PR Card

(Did not send any follow up email or follow up call whatsoever - just the original response to P1 which I sent Nov 29)

Reactions: Ken24

MYB

Oct 6, 2019
If I am not wrong, I believe the dependent(s) can only get their Copr after the Primary applicant (if inland) has completed the Landing process and has been issued the eCopr. Until such time the Passport if submitted is kept pending at the embassy.

Ideally, the primary applicant in Canada should receive their e-COPR before dependent applicants outside the country. Nevertheless, there have been cases where dependents received their passports stamped and e-COPR ahead of the principal applicant. Delays in the primary applicant receiving the e-COPR can impede the entry of dependents into Canada. In this situation, dependents may be allowed to enter Canada using a pre-existing Visitor Visa while awaiting the issuance of the principal applicant's e-COPR.

kishgul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Ideally, the primary applicant in Canada should receive their e-COPR before dependent applicants outside the country. Nevertheless, there have been cases where dependents received their passports stamped and e-COPR ahead of the principal applicant. Delays in the primary applicant receiving the e-COPR can impede the entry of dependents into Canada. In this situation, dependents may be allowed to enter Canada using a pre-existing Visitor Visa while awaiting the issuance of the principal applicant's e-COPR.
Thanks for this, and rightly said not ideal but practical. Right now from what it seems, landing offices are overwhelmed.

massprvan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
I am confused by this
If they receive their passport back with visa stamp, wouldn't that allow them into Canada and land regardless of the primary?

My son is in Thailand, passport submitted on Nov 24
We just got P2 email yesterday and submitting and declaring today

So if my son somehow got his passport back before our eCOPR, isn't he then allowed to land?

(He also has a current eTA to travel to Canada)

JJCHS

Aug 3, 2016
Hi,
I sent yesterday the email to all the VO’s and I got P2 today. 24 hours after.
Thanks a lot to geniuses who created this alternative.

I was stuck waiting P2 since Nov 30th.

My VO is Montreal.

Prakash_Reddy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2023
Toronto
AOR Received.
04-01-2024
Hi,
I sent yesterday the email to all the VO’s and I got P2 today. 24 hours after.
Thanks a lot to geniuses who created this alternative.

I was stuck waiting P2 since Nov 30th.

My VO is Montreal.
That's good to hear. Which email Id did you use??

carlosbaldojr

Oct 3, 2018
Hey guys, When you submit the e-mail to all VO's (to speed up P2), do you send one individual email to each VO or do you add all the email addresses to one single e-mail? Thank you