+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

jurio0317

Star Member
Aug 9, 2023
I would suggest you contact IRCC either by calling or through a web form and clarify that you have an outland dependant that needs a passport request letter.
I believe that's better than waiting for them.
we received READY FOR VISA august 3 but their passport was sent back to them with a letter saying they cant stamp their passport because im not done with my virtual landing yet

kratos95

Aug 28, 2023
I received Final Decision on September 1st and the tracker shows all the steps to be completed along with updated COPR details. How long should I wait for the portal 1 email before contacting IRCC?

VO: Vancouver

Last edited:

nani_drk

Sep 6, 2023
Guys,
Received portal 1 email on Aug 28, replied on same day but I did not receive any auto email regarding the mail is received.
Could you let me know if we need to receive the auto mail or its fine hoping the visa office received our email?
VO Montreal

OneLuv

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Guys,
Received portal 1 email on Aug 28, replied on same day but I did not receive any auto email regarding the mail is received.
Could you let me know if we need to receive the auto mail or its fine hoping the visa office received our email?
VO Montreal
Which VO?

OneLuv

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I don’t think Montreal sends auto reply and it could 2 weeks or more to portal 2 email. We share the same timeline so will share any updates

Reactions: nani_drk

Aggrawal

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
VO IRCC Montreal

Portal 1 Email - 25th AUg-2023 (Responded with required details, same day)

Portal 2 Email, eCOPR & PR Cards - Awaited

Applied Work Permit Extension - 19th May 2023 as Work Permit expiring on 28th Sept-2023.

As my wife is getting cancer treatment in home country, I applied for visitor visa as had no travel document to come back.

Got Visitor VISA approval Email today. Sent Passport to IRCC Ottawa. As per the approval letter, passport will be returned back within 14 days + shipment days.

Need Help to Understand: Thanks in advance, please

1. Whether visitor visa would delay my Portal 2 Email?

2. Should I wait for PR cards to travel to be with my wife? OR should wait for eCOPR and travel with the same?

3. I believe my work permit extension application will be aborted when PR cards are being processed. Whether my travel with visitor visa / eCOPR would have delay my PR cards?

Your suggestions, based on experience, are important and helpful, please.

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hi, sharing my timeline.

VO: Montreal
Portal 1: 4 August, reply same day, no auto-reply, no follow-ups
Portal 2: 28 August, submitted declaration, address and photo same day
eCoPR: waiting

Is there anyone who got portal 2 by end of August and has received eCoPR?