+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
Timeline
I checked my GCkey account on July 12,2023 and I saw "decision made". No message from the IRCC.
I called the IRCC on immediately, and the agent told me that a pre-portal email was sent to me on July 6, but I did not see it it. I sent a webform to them with no response. I saw the Ontario Portal email on this forum, and I sent my details to the email that since they did not invite me to portal, I was inviting myself. Ontario landing Office actioned my email and forwarded it to Montreal Office for further action.

On July 19, I received a email from Montreal Office asking for my details, height, eye colour, date of last entry etc.. I replied it immediately. Then I started waiting for Portal 2. On July 26, I got another email from the Montreal Office with the same Portal 1 request. I also replied immediately. Then I started firing them with reminders with no autoresponse.

On August 4, I received a message from the IRCC that a PR confirmation link has been created for me on the portal I used to submit my permanent residence application. I login to.my account, and I saw the link. I replied on Sunday, August 6 with my photo and other requirements. Then today, I got my ECOPR.

hcyrusr

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY - NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-02-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
My fiance submitted her photo on PR portal on July 21st and still no ECOPR! is this a normal timeline?

k11

Aug 2, 2023
Portal 1: July 12th
Portal 2: Waiting
VO Montreal

Just called and I've been told to wait, it might take some more time to get a reply for Portal 2.
I simply don't understand the criteria to get the next email, definitely not by date of reception/reply.

arnold1983

Nov 7, 2022
New Brunswick
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-10-2022
Nomination.....
04-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
VISA ISSUED...
Montreal

ddeva

Jan 13, 2023
VO Montreal

Just called and I've been told to wait, it might take some more time to get a reply for Portal 2.
I simply don't understand the criteria to get the next email, definitely not by date of reception/reply.
I got the portal 1 on July 13th and responded on July 14th and still waiting for Portal 2. I have sent 3 follow up emails (even 1 today) with no response. Will update in case I get any response/email..

Reactions: k11

geraldolvn

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
My Work Visa expires on August 24th.
I already replied to the Portal 1 email (July 20th), and I am waiting on Portal 2.

If I received Portal 2 (and confirm in the site) but my eCopr didn't arrive until August 24th, Should I stop working, or can I continue to work?

soleska

Star Member
Aug 1, 2023
Ethiopia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Addis Abeba
NOC Code......
Ethiopia
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Doc's Request.
02-August -2023
Nomination.....
03-August -2023

PR 2023 WPG

Jul 27, 2023
VO Montreal

You're right. I know people who sent Portal 1 on July 10th and received the Portal 2 on July 24th. (PNP Non EE + 1 Dependent)

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
I just called IRCC and the representative told me that it is normal to get portal 2 in 20-30 days. He said everything is okay from your side and just wait. It takes time for IRCC to make an account.

Reactions: Shenia

PR 2023 WPG

Jul 27, 2023
My Work Visa expires on August 24th.
I already replied to the Portal 1 email (July 20th), and I am waiting on Portal 2.

If I received Portal 2 (and confirm in the site) but my eCopr didn't arrive until August 24th, Should I stop working, or can I continue to work?
I think you can make it before August 24th...

If you don't receive your eCopr around August 20th you still have the option to submit a Bridging Open Work Permit.. (if you want to continue working, of course). The bad news about that permit is you need to pay for it, but they send a letter saying that you can work until a decision is made. (implied status).

Of course (and hopefully) you are going to receive your eCopr before that open work permit, in that case, IRCC refunds you around $100 for that Bridging Open Work Permit you already paid for.

Reactions: geraldolvn