+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR child left Canada after applying for PR renewal.Problems to pick new PR card?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Helen, you have really done nothing wrong because what you did is allowed in CIC operational manuals. If they don't report you, you are free to stay for 2 years and thereby put your PR back in good standing without going through an appeal process.

However, I note you say "richer, more leading province" and I assume you are referring to Ontario. Ontario is not a rich province. They think they are the most important because they have government but there are other provinces that are wealthier and have less unemployment. I have also known people to have moved between provinces because services they needed were not available or covered where they lived before.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Helen14 said:
We were NOT 4 of 6 years outside. We only a little exceed 3 years outside, we had very serious medical personal reasons, fortunately, all the problems gone. We passed through 4 surgeries at hospitals and have all documentation. Even if we got reported in 2012, we had enough medical reasons to appeal for H&C.

We did NOT ask Canada to pay a penny for the treatment of the child and have solved all of the problems ourselves for 3 years. We did not attended any LINK courses or other free of charge governmental programs. The Canadian government DID NOT spend a penny to support us. My English was enough to work immediately.

Now the child need not treatment, all functions are reestablished. We also never applied for welfare but MADE INVESTMENTS, a lot of money, into Canadian economics and Canadian higher education system (I earned here the 3rd post-secondary degree).

The child will definitely visit Canada several times every summer for 3 months in the next three years, and will satisfy all RO at the time of applying for the citizenship. He will get more than 4 of 8 years (not even 4 of 10 years, two 5 year periods) of RO totally since landing before applying for citizenship.

If Aurulla by some reasons permanently prefer to replace us by other immigrants (there are a lot of such non-responsible people... who's style of life is never work, never pay taxes and be sitting on welfare by YEARS .... it is OK).

I have very good, strong education and qualification that is in demand on the international market and I can find job without any problems in my home country, Europe, US and Japan. I have already worked several times by work visa in the other countries after my 30th. Only HERE I had to go to earn one more degree because I "had not Canadian experience" - a very special kind of discrimination ONLY in Canada. Other universities and companies abroad several times invited me without any local experience and paid good money for my skills, they NEEDED what I did for them, what they could not do themselves (some high-tech).

If Canada need not high qualified immigrants who work here full time and pays 47% taxes, preferring them "welfare" immigrants, and Immigration (CIC) say me "go away", I will really DO THAT. I did 50% MORE money and had essentially less stress and more fun at home with relatives and close friends than here. I was single for many years and managed do high qualified work AND do a long treatment of the sick child. I also have luxury property in my country, mortgage is already paid (finished) but I still rent in Canada. I ALREADY have ALL for normal life NOT only in Canada. I come here NOT from Africa to collect social assistance and do not work!

Canada is NOT the ONLY country available for the normal good life. The alternatives for serious qualified people are ALWAYS.

To Aurulla: shame!
You are taking my statement personally, and I stated that I intended no malice toward you. I only stated that CIC has some major loopholes that need to be closed.

If you should feel the need for shaming someone because they feel differently than you do, then by all means, shame away.

I never once pointed a finger at you and said you were wrong. I was clarifying, for myself, how the RO works or does not work and in the process trying to ensure that YOU did not get caught on the wrong side and have your child's PR revoked. I guess my mistake was trying to ensure you didn't get caught out, you obviously know how all the loopholes work and will use them to your advantage.

I won't waste my time trying to assist in this thread any longer. Your high class immigrant status obviously trumps my much lower personal immigration class.

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
I come here NOT from Africa to collect social assistance and do not work!

The above is raciest comment and no matter how much qualified you are, Canada do not need people with raciest and disrespectful mentality.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Helen14 said:
The child will definitely visit Canada several times every summer for 3 months in the next three years, and will satisfy all RO at the time of applying for the citizenship. He will get more than 4 of 8 years (not even 4 of 10 years, two 5 year periods) of RO totally since landing before applying for citizenship.
Keep in mind that the residency obligation is NOT 4 out of 10, but 2 out of every rolling 5. There is a huge difference between the two. For example, just because, say, you stay four years on a stretch in Canada, it does NOT mean you can be out of the country for 6 consecutive years, and still satisfy the RO. If you have been a PR for over 5 years, you will always need to look back five years from any point of time, and have at least 731 days to satisfy the residency obligation.

Helen14

Sep 14, 2014
I am very grateful to all forum members who helped to clarify situation with RO 730 days and 2 of 5 years. Thank you so much. We are qualified to the current laws in our situation.

HHH2000: I never was racist. I respect all normal people including African, I even have some friends among them. But I don't respect people who don't work by years and live due to OUR hard work and take OUR money from OUR taxes not due to temporal difficult circumstances like sickness, care of kids and parents, etc. but because they DO NOT want to work for many-many years (style of life), sit at home, sell drugs and do nothing. It does not depend on the skin color. And I do not want to understand why THOSE people have better life then I and my family, especially when MY child was seriously ill and needed a LOT of money to help him. But all my taxes were going "somewhere" and no one service that we needed that time was available to help my child. I was "excited"! But THOSE PEOPLE had all, even free dentist for all family: non-working husband, wife and 3-4 children that I could NOT afford to my family in 2009 even for 1 people (me or child). And I worked very hard and they DID NOTHING.

Tolerance is not words, it is actions, really actions. If you want to change your place with me and spend 45-50% of your income for THAT kind of people instead your family needs regularly, every year, it's your voluntary choice - welcome.

As for me, I was in condition close to "die" in 2009, I lost conscience several times during that year, one day - walking on the street, I felt on asphalt. I was totally exhausted due to big stress and permanent care of the sick child. Due to those problems we left Canada in 2009 to have a breath at home and get treatment that we could not get here. I do not wish you be sick. But one day, when you/parents/kids are extremely sick (probably, in 10-30-50 years, not now), you will remember my opinion and my feelings. When you have never been in similar situation, you never understand what is single parent with the sick kid in the foreign country and no one relative around and no help from official medicine (OHIP did not cover!). I could not ever remember about "730" days that time... I simply DID what was necessary every day: worked, payed bills and saved the child. And saved.

Leon: thanks once more for very reasonable and supportive position. You are right, when some services are not available somewhere, it is necessary to search and move to the more suitable place. So, I sent the child at home to get time and arrange life better. You are right that the current Ontario is very-very far from what it was many years ago. I'll try to get more information about Alberta and BC.