+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD

dinesh7942

Jun 30, 2008
sir,
my son got his pr card in Oct.2003 after stayed in canada with his wife and one son for 14 months, he got H1 visa in usa and till than he is in usa. if he would like to come back to canada.. what is his statues? after oct. 2008 what will be his statues in canada if he comes there. Kindly guide me and help me & obliged. i am 65 years old so it worries me in india. your help in this matter will be much beholden to you sir,

dinesh7942

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When he has to apply for a new PR card because the old one expires, he will have to answer how many days in the past 5 years he was outside of Canada. If it's more than 1095 days (3 years) he will have to explain those times that he was gone. If he was with his wife and she is a Canadian citizen, he is ok. If he was working for a Canadian company or his wife is not a Canadian citizen but a permanent resident also and she was working for a Canadian company, he is also ok.

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
as long as he is with his wife and legally married to her and his wife has canadian citizenship, he doesnt need to worry and can always come back.
i think thats the way it is.

minendra

Jul 4, 2008
dinesh7942 said:
sir,
my son got his pr card in Oct.2003 after stayed in canada with his wife and one son for 14 months, he got H1 visa in usa and till than he is in usa. if he would like to come back to canada.. what is his statues? after oct. 2008 what will be his statues in canada if he comes there. Kindly guide me and help me & obliged. i am 65 years old so it worries me in india. your help in this matter will be much beholden to you sir,

dinesh7942

minendra

Jul 4, 2008
Re: PR CARD--pl advise

Hi..

we are expected to land in July 2008,, pl advise in order to obtain PR CARD and SIC- SOCIAL INSURANCE.. What other documents to be brought to canada..( we have sealed set of documents given by the canadian high commssion 0

also this time we are leaving canada after 20 days.

thanks

JAY

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to have an address in Canada they can mail your PR card and your SIN card to. When I landed, they didn't have the PR card yet but I believe you apply for it already when you land and they will mail it to you later. To get a SIN and a SIN card, you need to go to Service Canada and apply for it and they will mail it to you, http://www1.servicecanada.gc.ca/en/sin/apply/how.shtml

Friends

Oct 23, 2013
Dear Friends

I am new to the forum and want to have your valuable advice for my real concern.
I have landed Calgary in last week of June 2013 and returned back to my home country within 35 days without receiving PR card. I have received my SIN and health card on same Calgary mail box (relative address) whereas PR card still awaited. Its almost four months passed...
By exploring cic website, following options are available:

If you live inside Canada and if it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied, please contact the Call Centre. (1-888-242 2100)

Or

mail/fax pdf document (IMM 5451) SOLEMN DECLARATION CONCERNING A PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD THAT WAS LOST, STOLEN, DESTROYED OR NEVER RECEIVED

Your guidance is requested in order to take what further actions required or still have to wait silently.

Anxiously waiting for your response and thanking you in advance.

Regards