+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card

gmr

Jul 24, 2010
Hello AlL,

I landed in Toronto on March 16th. My wife received the PR Card but i didn't received it. We are planning to travel to India, Is PR card required to travel to India. I know to return back to canada we need the PR Card. And also still how many days it take to get my PR Card.

Regards
gmr

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
around 35 days

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need a PR card to travel to India. Instead, check with your travel agent about your concerns of traveling to India.

G2009

Star Member
Jan 20, 2010
gmr: You do not need anything to travel to India except your Indian passport. While coming back you will not be allowed to board the plane unless you have PR card. If you do not have PR card you have to apply for returning residents papers from Candian High Commision in India which is tedious and time cosuming. You can however land in USA if you have USA visa and travel by road to Canada. In that case you only need COPR.

Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
gmr said:
Hello AlL,

I landed in Toronto on March 16th. My wife received the PR Card but i didn't received it. We are planning to travel to India, Is PR card required to travel to India. I know to return back to canada we need the PR Card. And also still how many days it take to get my PR Card.

Regards
gmr
Not required for travel back to India but will be requried to re enter Canada. currently it takes around 40 to 60 days