+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card will expire during Citizenship app process

msweet42

Jan 25, 2019
Gatineau, QC
LANDED..........
29-12-1986
My Citizenship application was sent at the end of January, 2019. According to the IRCC website, it will take 12 months to process.

My Permanent Resident card in November of 2019.

If I submit the documentation to renew my PR card while my Citizenship application is in process, will that mess anything up? Having applications for two IRCC "products" in the pipeline at the same time?

I anticipate having to travel a bit after November so would like to have a valid PR card at that time.

Thoughts, anyone?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
My Citizenship application was sent at the end of January, 2019. According to the IRCC website, it will take 12 months to process.

My Permanent Resident card in November of 2019.

If I submit the documentation to renew my PR card while my Citizenship application is in process, will that mess anything up? Having applications for two IRCC "products" in the pipeline at the same time?

I anticipate having to travel a bit after November so would like to have a valid PR card at that time.

Thoughts, anyone?
That’s a separate process. Go for it when the time arrives. Ideally, you should have a valid PR card for travel. Maybe you’d be lucky to be a citizen before elections in October. It costs $50 to renew and gets processed within 4 weeks; based on recent processing timelines.

Reactions: k300k3