+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card when it will come? what is meant by processing time?

samreen1

Jul 7, 2014
If anybody is going through similiar situation can give me some information or idea about it.. I came on visa...My husband is Canadaian National..he sponsered me..I am in Canada..he is also in Canada... I applied for PR in september 2013 ..waiting time is 11 months..i called the CIC now they said your file is opened but not in process its in queue...

What does it mean?i am confused..11 months are going to be completed in August..now when my PR will come.they havent started the processing..

Once they started processing..there will be more wait or what..can anybody help me in this....11 months are gone since applied for PR..now whats the next step..

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied to renew your current P R Card and you have completed the residency obligation of 730 days or more in Canada when applied, you should get the renewed card at least within 120 days. As the renewal is overdue and delayed, go on calling CIC every week till you get a proper answer.

samreen1

Jul 7, 2014
well its not the renowal..applying for the first time for PR... i dont have PR CARD...waiting from 11 months...have applied in sept 2013.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samreen1 said:
well its not the renowal..applying for the first time for PR... i dont have PR CARD...waiting from 11 months...have applied in sept 2013.
1. You are being processed under the Family Class but since this is being done inland (inside Canada) as opposed to outland (overseas visa post) then its dealt with in the Humanitarian & Compassionate stream. CIC quote 30-42 months for the entire process. Reason is you are in Canada so there is less urgency because you are not far/separated from your Canadian spouse.

2. If CIC find your relationship acceptable (its not a marriage of convenience to get Canadian status) you will as a first stage get an Approval In Principle (AIP) which is usually around the 12-15 month timeline. With this will come work authorization. You will 6-18 months after then land as a PR. Your processing speed also depends on your Local Office and the workload it has.

3. Its usually best to go with outland sponsorship unless your visa post takes a similar timeline as inland sponsorship or there are other personal reasons why you have not gone this route. You need to make sure you remain in status until AIP. I suggest you head over to the Family Sponsorship section of the forum where you will get more relevant info. This section is for those with PR status already.