+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - Urgent Processing

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
My was submitted 2 weeks ago, and I called CIC last week, and my application was not even in the system yet.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Just called them, and I was told I am not qualified for urgent process. Into the regular processing queue, 112 calendar days. :-[

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am sorry to hear that, did they give you a valid reason, did you attach your plane booking with the application?!

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
basharar said:
i am sorry to hear that, did they give you a valid reason, did you attach your plane booking with the application?!
Well... no specific reason, just not qualified, and yes, I did include the booking information with the application.

carbo

May 29, 2014
I applied with urgent processing in april.. last week i learned my application was sent to nova scotia (god knows where that is) for additional verification that can take 2 more months.. ???

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Case Processing Centre is in Sidney, Nova Scotia on the Eastern Sea Board of Canada! Urgent processing was becoming a loophole process for those breaching the RO and applying at the very margin of 730 days. Until legislation kicks in the default positions of either a 5 year card or 1 year validity card means CIC have to use further review to justify issuing a 5 year card to either those at the margin or where declared residence is in doubt. It could be worse they could have referred it to the Local Office, issued you an RQ plus absence declaration form and called you for an interview. It may also just be quality control/ program integrity.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
anyone knows how they determine whether the case is qualified for urgent processing?

I already attached the flight ticket with the application. The only thing is it is 1 week trip to US, they might think I can come back without a valid PR card by taking private vehicle, but that is just a bad assumption in my opinion.

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Msafiri,

Can you please elaborate, I do not know what you mean by - 'Until legislation kicks in the default positions of either a 5 year card or 1 year validity'.

Regards.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Interesting. I call CIC again, and this agent is extremely nice and patient. He told me there is no such a note showing that my case is in a normal processing queue. He recommended me to email CIC with all the necessary documents again which I just did. Hope this would help.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
ok, no luck again. No note in my application indicating urgent process. Probably in the regular processing queue now.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammy_2401 said:
Msafiri,

Can you please elaborate, I do not know what you mean by - 'Until legislation kicks in the default positions of either a 5 year card or 1 year validity'.

Regards.
1. CIC issue either a 5 year validity card or a 1 year validity card (if PR is under sec 44 report but hearing not finalized before the IAD/FC).

2. It seems thousands of PRs if this forum is anything to go by apply for PR Card renewal at/with just over 730 days of the RO. With urgent processing you could get your PR Card at day 750 get on a flight back to the Gulf (which seems to have many PRs playing the RO roulette due to the financial benefits), EU, Africa etc and within 20 days of your departure you are back in breach but have the insurance of a 5 year validity card to give you a chance to play 'Will I' or 'Won't I' sneak past the POE.

3. My take is that CIC are effectively bouncing PR renewals in scenario 2 by taking a more detailed examination of urgent processing requests and classifying them as non urgent with this being easiest if you are not in full time employment which makes it more difficult for the PR's decalred dates to be provable. If CIC could issue say 1 year validity PR Cards to any PR not just those under report they could decide to process the 'shaky/borderline' application.

4. What CIC ought to do is better enforce the RO but this requires CIC to capture/PRs to provide their departure data. For example a US Green Card approach where if you are outside the US less than 6 months and show up at the border with your GC then CBP have the burden of proof to show you have abandoned LPR whereas if you show up at the border with more than 6 months absence the burden of proof of not intending to abandon is on the LPR.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Update: After resubmitting my travel information, my application finally got processed urgently.

Some tips: If you think your application should be processed urgently, but you have not heard back for long time or confirmed it was under normal processing. Resend your travel info again to Urgent-prc@cic.gc.ca requesting urgent processing. I found they could easily miss the important travel info when they just received your application.

Hope this will help.