+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline!

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi,

I did my soft landing in early December and gave my friends address... guess the cards should come by end January. But my friend is travelling out of country on those days so there will be no one home to collect.

Would anyone know what happens when they post the PR cards and don’t find anyone to sign? What are the next steps

Please advise
Thanks

sergp

Aug 12, 2017
Hi,

I did my soft landing in early December and gave my friends address... guess the cards should come by end January. But my friend is travelling out of country on those days so there will be no one home to collect.

Would anyone know what happens when they post the PR cards and don’t find anyone to sign? What are the next steps

Please advise
Thanks
Don't know for PR card case as I just passed MEP, but usually if they come 1-2 times and no one is there to sign - they leave a note on the door saying that you should come pick it up from the post office.

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Don't know for PR card case as I just passed MEP, but usually if they come 1-2 times and no one is there to sign - they leave a note on the door saying that you should come pick it up from the post office.
Thank you...and what happens if it’s not collected from post office...does it go back??

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

Please advise
Thanks
not required to sign as they drop them in mailboxes. if your friends apt/house does not have a mailbox it will go back to IRCC. two options - raise a CSE to check status of your card. when they say its shipped, expect to receive in 2-3 working days. second- if possible raise a cse and give another address.

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
not required to sign as they drop them in mailboxes. if your friends apt/house does not have a mailbox it will go back to IRCC. two options - raise a CSE to check status of your card. when they say its shipped, expect to receive in 2-3 working days. second- if possible raise a cse and give another address.
Ok thank you