+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

ABC2023

Aug 6, 2023
These are ghost update in GCKey account. No emails will be sent for these update on PR card status
Thank you so much for replying!
But I got final decision as approved already in GCKey. Will they still update there while I am waiting for PR card ?

Enate24

Mar 1, 2024
Finally some update !!

GU2 Apr 18th
Gu1 Mar 18
ECoPR - Jan 29

VO Etobicoke

emails sent - to all possible IRCC emails available
Contacted MP - many emails exchanged
Web forms filled - generic reply
regular calls to IRCC customer care - they know nothing, always a generic reply.

Much relieved.

Will update when I get the card.

hi123hello123

Apr 18, 2024
Hi, here is my whole timeline:
Initial file submission 27-May-2023 (Saskatchewan PNP)
p1(Montreal IRCC): 12-Dec-2023 (replied on 19-Dec-2023)
p2(Montreal IRCC): 19-Jan-2024 (submitted photo on the same day) (received p2 after emailing to all VOs)
eCoPR(Calgary IRCC): 19-Feb-2024 (expiry 27-Nov-2024)
PR Card GU1: 8-Apr-2024 (after emailing all VOs, calling customer service, submitting web forms, and contacting MP, because I have a planned travel in May. Always a generic reply to "WAIT")
PR Card GU2: 16-Apr-2024 Card mailed.

All the best. It all eventually works out (although the waiting was painful).

amitpandey

Aug 8, 2023
Thank you so much for replying!
But I got final decision as approved already in GCKey. Will they still update there while I am waiting for PR card ?
after final decision you will have a message in the GCkey which states the card has been mailed.

Jackiehilton

Apr 14, 2024
Hey folks, would the following be considered GU1?

"Latest update:
Final decision - April 18, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

Thank you for your thoughts.

Reactions: Sole1806 and SamDam

Riyas292217

Sep 19, 2023
Hey folks, would the following be considered GU1?

"Latest update:
Final decision - April 18, 2024:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

Thank you for your thoughts.
Yes this is GU1 which means your card is ready to be printed if your photo meets their requirement

Reactions: Jackiehilton

Gurinder0480

Feb 2, 2024
VO- Etobicoke

COPR- March 01
GU1- Still waiting

past processing time now.
Tried calling IRCC, but it won't connect. Sent several emails, no response.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Karina0122

Mar 26, 2024
Hi, so frustrated like many others here -
ECopr - January 10, 2024
Multiple calls to IRCC, MP office, linked to GCKey - literally did everything multiple times.
On April 10, 2024 it said my card was mailed.
Today, April 18, 2024, the status went back to in progress and that they’ll share an update when approved.
I called IRCC again to inquire about this reversal and they said it was a technical glitch and the officers still have some things to confirm on their end.
I don’t understand how a developed country like Canada has delays and processes that take far longer than processes in other developing countries.

anyone experienced anything similar?

Madsnail

Apr 19, 2024
PR card saga over.

ECOPR 31st January 2024.

VO Calgary.

Emailed local MP in March who asked IRCC for update and told wait till end March.

Emailed MP again 8th April who contacted IRCC and agent left note to processing office.

April 9th IRCC email asking for photo revison so uploaded new photo to portal.

GU1 10th April final decision
GU2 12th April mailed

Received card today19 April. Posted from Sydney NS and they had typed second half of my postcode wrong , thanks to Canada Poat for still delivering to my letterbox !

So 79 days from ECOPR to getting card in hand.

Sham of a service by possibly illiterate and definitely incompetent staff. Really wondering if it's worth the effort if this is a broader reflection of Canada.

Best of luck all with the mess that's IRCC!

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
PR card saga over.

ECOPR 31st January 2024.

VO Calgary.

Emailed local MP in March who asked IRCC for update and told wait till end March.

Emailed MP again 8th April who contacted IRCC and agent left note to processing office.

April 9th IRCC email asking for photo revison so uploaded new photo to portal.

GU1 10th April final decision
GU2 12th April mailed

Received card today19 April. Posted from Sydney NS and they had typed second half of my postcode wrong , thanks to Canada Poat for still delivering to my letterbox !

So 79 days from ECOPR to getting card in hand.

Sham of a service by possibly illiterate and definitely incompetent staff. Really wondering if it's worth the effort if this is a broader reflection of Canada.

Best of luck all with the mess that's IRCC!
You should have chosen jaguar instead of snail ;)

shahbaaz dhillon

Sep 4, 2018
Hi
In my canada post app, it shows “out for delivery” Canadian bank note company. But I did not receives the card today.
Any idea whats going on??