PR Card timeline - 2023

pooja99

Sep 7, 2023
AOR Received.
28/08/2023
eCOPR - August 28th
VO : Etobicoke
No GU so far

Reaching out to MP is a good idea? Will there be any change in processing time?

pooja99

Sep 7, 2023
AOR Received.
28/08/2023
Not much of a case here
Wait it out
I actually thought of requesting MP anyways. But yeah, right no point. They might not even get back to me. I am only hurrying cause of travel dates. Hoping it works out for me :(

skrishnak

Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm confused with the terms GU1 and GU2 what do they actually mean? I got my eCOPR yesterday(12 October 2023) and today I have linked the PR Card application to the GC Key, What will be the next update I can expect?

Thank you

Reactions: _V_K_

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

I'm confused with the terms GU1 and GU2 what do they actually mean? I got my eCOPR yesterday(12 October 2023) and today I have linked the PR Card application to the GC Key, What will be the next update I can expect?

Thank you
GU stands for Ghost Update (your account gets updated but you don't receive an email notification neither you see any changes done to your application). After you received your eCOPR and linked your application to GC Key you normally should be expecting two GUs.

First one probably indicates that the work on your PR card has begun, the second GU (normally comes about 5-10 business days after GU1) shows that your application was approved and the PR card was mailed your way. (Timelines I've mentioned might be different case by case)

Last edited:

skrishnak

Oct 4, 2023
GU stands for Ghost Update (your account gets updated but you don't receive an email notification neither you see any changes done to your application). After you received your eCOPR and linked your application to GC Key you normally should be expecting two GUs.

First one probably indicates that the work on your PR card has begun, the second GU (normally comes about 5-10 business days after GU1) shows that your application was approved and the PR was mailed your way. (Timelines I've mentioned might be different case by case)
Thank you very much for the explanation. I have one small doubt. In the PR Portal, my address got approved today, but the photo is still under review. Is this normal to get the approvals separately for the address and photo or because of any issue with the photo?

Reactions: PravinDeo

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023
Thank you very much for the explanation. I have one small doubt. In the PR Portal, my address got approved today, but the photo is still under review. Is this normal to get the approvals separately for the address and photo or because of any issue with the photo?
I got a notification that my PR card was mailed to me today. The application is approved and closed. However, my PR portal (just checked) still shows that my address and photo are both under review with IRCC. I'm not 100% sure if there is a good communication between GCKey and PR portal

manzurhusainm

Oct 18, 2018
Please help, I think my file is stuck or what. What can I do? It is been more than 2 weeks since the GU1 update.
  • eCoPR: July 26
  • PR portal: Address: "approved" | Photo: "in review"
  • GU1: Final decision - September 28, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
VO: Etobicoke

rmalhotra

Star Member
Jul 24, 2023
Please help, I think my file is stuck or what. What can I do? It is been more than 2 weeks since the GU1 update.
  • eCoPR: July 26
  • PR portal: Address: "approved" | Photo: "in review"
  • GU1: Final decision - September 28, 2023: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
VO: Etobicoke
Did you call IRCC to know the latest update on file, may be that helps.

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020

First one probably indicates that the work on your PR card has begun, the second GU (normally comes about 5-10 business days after GU1) shows that your application was approved and the PR card was mailed your way. (Timelines I've mentioned might be different case by case)
Interesting that you are saying we wont get email for ghost update, which makes sense that is why it is GU. so how do I check whether or not have GUs?