+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

Sajusreepadam

Feb 6, 2019
Hi,
My wife received her PR card today, but my daughter and I haven't received ours yet. Is there any action we need to take on our part?

MVRAO1

Jul 14, 2023
Hi,
My wife received her PR card today, but my daughter and I haven't received ours yet. Is there any action we need to take on our part?
Have you got Gu1 or Gu2 or both ? for you and your daughter ? If you received Gu2 then you may need to wait for couple of more days and call them. If no GU2 (this is my case as of now) after a week from GU1, then you need call them I guesss

Sajusreepadam

Feb 6, 2019
Have you got Gu1 or Gu2 or both ? for you and your daughter ? If you received Gu2 then you may need to wait for couple of more days and call them. If no GU2 (this is my case as of now) after a week from GU1, then you need call them I guesss
I haven't received a GU. I did receive an email from CIC. I spoke to support this morning, and they informed me that our applications are still in progress. Our waiting periods had already over, so he assured that he would mark them accordingly.

Reactions: MVRAO1

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I haven't received a GU. I did receive an email from CIC. I spoke to support this morning, and they informed me that our applications are still in progress. Our waiting periods had already over, so he assured that he would mark them accordingly.
Have you linked PR card to gckey ? that is where you will get update on status of PR card.

mzy

Jan 16, 2023
FSW soft landing: September 2
Application linked: September 14

Received message "Final decision - September 14, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made" on the same day I linked my application to GCKey/sign-in partner.

From what I've seen in this thread, this message *should* be GU1, but I'm confused because it appeared almost immediately (2 or 3 hours I think?) after I linked my application. For those who've recently landed and received their card - is this an actual GU or just an automatic acknowledgment that the application has been linked?
UPDATE

GU2: September 21
"We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."

Sajusreepadam

Feb 6, 2019
Have you linked PR card to gckey ? that is where you will get update on status of PR card.
Yes, it was linked to the UCI of the primary applicant using GC key. Is there any option to update all the UCIs in a single PR card application while linking PR card to GC key?

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
I am an inland applicant with 3 dependents and received our COPR on September 20th. However, we have not been able to link or PR card application through GC Key yet. Is this a normal timeline?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I am an inland applicant with 3 dependents and received our COPR on September 20th. However, we have not been able to link or PR card application through GC Key yet. Is this a normal timeline?
How are you trying to link ? which option ? Application no ? or UCI and Place of Birth ?