+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card timeline - 2023

abcd2024

May 2, 2024
PR card applications are separate for each member and processed separately.
Any idea how long it takes to process for secondary applicants? I received my card 10 days ago but still waiting for my husband's card. Called IRCC but they do not have any update on the application, so do not know what's happening.

Last edited:

Riyas292217

Sep 19, 2023
Cec Inland
Aor - Oct 10
All steps completed- Feb 5
Portal 1 and Portal - Feb 7 and Feb 12
eCOPR - Feb 14 from Etobicoke
GU1 for Pr card - May 1
GU2 for Pr card - Waiting

Nauman_2017

Mar 28, 2017
eCOPR - Feb 15 from Etobicoke
GU1 for Pr card - May 1

Seems its now mid Feb turn for Etobicoke VO

deltaV

Dec 22, 2022
Finally Received my PR Card.

eCOPR - March 6 (Etobicoke)
GU1 - April 26
GU2 - April 29
Card received - May 02

Good Luck everyone! Hope you all get your PR card ASAP.

Reactions: kaikikdd

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Any idea how long it takes to process for secondary applicants? I received my card 10 days ago but still waiting for my husband's card. Called IRCC but they do not have any update on the application, so do not know what's happening.
There is no fix ed timeline, also primary and secondary applicant applications are not related. You can keep checking with IRCC on update. If you havent done till now, you can also link pr card application to your gckey account - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

KarthickM

Jul 10, 2021
Cec Inland
Aor - Oct 10
All steps completed- Feb 5
Portal 1 and Portal - Feb 7 and Feb 12
eCOPR - Feb 14 from Etobicoke
GU1 for Pr card - May 1
I have the similar timeline and waiting for GU2. Did yo happen to process for your family members as well ? In my case I am yet to get the GU1 update for my dependents.

YOBBIBI

Feb 27, 2024
They rejected my photo again:)
ecopr+GU1 21 Dec (Niagara Fall)
1st reject 26 Mar
2nd reject 2 May
Last see how long do I get the card.

BTW tried some method, concluded with my experience.

1. Webform useless. Everytime replyed same things “an agent took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request” but nothing changed

2. Hotline useless. The first few time will tell you will send a notes to responsible office. After that will tell you the card still in process, and nothing can do.

3. MP useless. I found MP on FEB, everytime they only tell me the process of the card which a little bit detail than hotline. They also told the card have production issues, after the issues IRCC need to wait 6weeks to reissue the card again. That is my second time to have the issues, so I need to wait 6weeks again since 30Apr.

4. Email to eCoPR issuing office maybe useful. I sent the email in Feb but no response. I sent it again on 29Apr, and I got response by an agent said that my card production in Sydney NS on 1May. I got photo rejection on 2May, the agent also sent a email told me this happened. And said if I get a differently for upload the photo in PR Portal, I can email the photo to them. They also told me to notify the office after I have taken this action.

Those 4 methods you can try. I hope they can help everyone.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: SamDam

kaikikdd

Nov 25, 2023
Finally Received my PR Card.

eCOPR - March 6 (Etobicoke)
GU1 - April 26
GU2 - April 29
Card received - May 02

Good Luck everyone! Hope you all get your PR card ASAP.
March 4 here and no updates so far,idk how long i'm gonna wait

Younes6888

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Finally received PR card

VO- Etobicoke
Ecopr- Jan 12, 24
March 5 - first photo rejection
April 26- second photo rejection
April 26 - sent revised photo
April 26 - emailed ircc ontario sent new photo
April 29- emailed ircc ontario and officer that was CC ???@parl.gc.ca and included photo as attachment.
April 29- GU 1
April 30- GU 2
May 3 - PR card received

if your from toronto you will receive your PR card in d mail in 3 days.
Its a long wait for me under spousal sponsorship the stress and frustration we all been through and some of you still going through I assure you once u get your PR is a big sigh and relief. Your not alone

• Love

deltaV

Dec 22, 2022
March 4 here and no updates so far,idk how long i'm gonna wait

Try to contact the IRCC Etobicoke office which sent you eCOPR confirmation. I replied to the same email on April 7th, that had subject line as "Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada!" and mentioned that I need to travel in May to my home country. Then after three weeks, I received a reply from IRCC Etobicoke office that my card has been sent to the production team and then within five days, I had my card in hand.

gazzerman

Aug 19, 2019
GU2 Thursday Apr 30th, PR Card received May 3rd! Its finally all over!!! (Calgary eCOPR Jan 18th) 106 days!

Good luck everyone, your almost there! Thank you to all the people that came before me and gave me advice and confidence in the final outcome. Remember every update you have helps the next person, even just the small details.

Oh Canada! :)

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023
GU2 Thursday Apr 30th, PR Card received May 3rd! Its finally all over!!! (Calgary eCOPR Jan 18th) 106 days!

Good luck everyone, your almost there! Thank you to all the people that came before me and gave me advice and confidence in the final outcome. Remember every update you have helps the next person, even just the small details.

Oh Canada! :)
Totally right. Congratulations!!