+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Solemn Declaration Processing Time

anand4udel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
@anand4udel I think you have submitted SD for your family members right? Was it OCT?
Yes, but looks like I used wrong form and send the fax to different number.. so I did send fresh SD on 29th March 2023, explaining the situation..

but looks like my date was not updated.. its still showing old date.. so wanted to confirm.. if date updation is a indication for successful receiving of the fax or ??

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Yes, but looks like I used wrong form and send the fax to different number.. so I did send fresh SD on 29th March 2023, explaining the situation..

but looks like my date was not updated.. its still showing old date.. so wanted to confirm.. if date updation is a indication for successful receiving of the fax or ??
Unfortunately I am not sure either. I just posted my updates on what’s happening.

This weekend I’m flying to Vancouver and from there I’m renting a car and go to Seattle,USA. While coming back I will show the CoPR and other valid documents to prove my identity (Toronto DL, Health card, House lease document…..). Hope things goes well, otherwise I will be stuck until I get PR card. Yea, I don’t have choice and I have to go to Seattle.

Reactions: anand4udel

theresa92

Apr 13, 2023
I just spoke with the IRCC agent, he told me that they are currently on Feb 3rd, 2023 SD forms processing. Not sure how long it will take to reach to Mar 23rd, 2023.
How did you contact them. It is always busy. I sent my solemn declaration on 10th march. Do you think I will get it by may 17th ?

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
How did you contact them. It is always busy. I sent my solemn declaration on 10th march. Do you think I will get it by may 17th ?
Yes, it is always busy but I kept on trying for at least 15 times. I’m not sure on when we will get it.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Unfortunately I am not sure either. I just posted my updates on what’s happening.

This weekend I’m flying to Vancouver and from there I’m renting a car and go to Seattle,USA. While coming back I will show the CoPR and other valid documents to prove my identity (Toronto DL, Health card, House lease document…..). Hope things goes well, otherwise I will be stuck until I get PR card. Yea, I don’t have choice and I have to go to Seattle.
I went to the USA ( fly Toronto --> Vancouver and rent a car to Seattle), stayed there for 5 days, and came back this afternoon (dropped off the rental car in Vancouver and fly back to Toronto).
  1. There wasn't any question while entering the USA, except he just asked what type of Visa.
  2. Coming back to Canada, I handed him my Passport, DL and CoPR, and asked
    1. Why you went to the USA?
      1. Work
    2. How long have you been outside Canada?
      1. 5 days
    3. Is this own or rental car?
      1. Rent
    4. Where do you stay in Canada?
      1. Toronto
    5. Any goods or electronics?
      1. No
I told him what happened about PR (even though he didn't ask), and he suggested, I make sure the address is correct this time on the file. I just smiled and said thank you, I didn't bother to ask any more questions. So I guess, we can travel by land with a Valid CoPR and Passport

Ahmed2020

Apr 23, 2023
مرحبًا ، لقد كنت أنتظر بطاقة الإقامة الدائمة الأولى الخاصة بي منذ أكثر من 80 يومًا ، ولم تصل بعد ، وأنا في أمس الحاجة إليها لأنني أرغب في السفر. وبالفعل حجزت تذكرة طائرة ولا أعرف ما هو الحل.

Ahmed2020

Apr 23, 2023
Hello, I have been waiting for my first permanent residence card for more than 80 days, and it has not yet arrived, and I am in dire need of it because I want to travel. Indeed, I booked a plane ticket, and I do not know what is the solution.

Ahmed2020

Apr 23, 2023
Hello, I have been waiting for my first permanent residence card for more than 80 days, and it has not yet arrived, and I am in dire need of it because I want to travel. Indeed, I booked a plane ticket, and I do not know what is the solution.

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Have you tried contacting the IRCC? I had a similar issue where it wasn’t showing up after two months and it’s because Canada Post had lost it in the mail and returned it back to their office. I used this resource to track and compare my PR card timeline and it looks like 1-2 months is pretty standard for the PR card (at least with normal processing times). Best of luck! https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-pr-card-tracker P.S. I know that the IRCC is on strike now but you can try reaching out to them here (try this shortcut): +1 (888) 242-2100,,2,1,2,0

theresa92

Apr 13, 2023
I called IRCC last week and they said that they are processing solemn declarations received on 12th February.

Tinytearice

Jan 29, 2020
I called IRCC last week and they said that they are processing solemn declarations received on 12th February.
Can you let me know what time did you call IRCC? I tried calling them first thing in the morning but it always got to automated messaging saying there are too people in line and the agent is unable to answer my call before it hangs up. Perhaps you can share the number you called? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

I am the principal applicant, entered Canada last October with my family. We got a UPS mailbox and IRCC mailed my card in Jan. UPS did not tell me until March (when I asked) that I got a card. However it's only my card and I stilling waiting for the rest of my family. Not sure what happened.

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Can you let me know what time did you call IRCC? I tried calling them first thing in the morning but it always got to automated messaging saying there are too people in line and the agent is unable to answer my call before it hangs up. Perhaps you can share the number you called? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

I am the principal applicant, entered Canada last October with my family. We got a UPS mailbox and IRCC mailed my card in Jan. UPS did not tell me until March (when I asked) that I got a card. However it's only my card and I stilling waiting for the rest of my family. Not sure what happened.
I tried using this technique. Thanks to @CNP. I was able to connect with the agent, in the last 45 days, I spoke 3 times.

@Tinytearice Call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press two i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the Message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 330 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - dont wait to hear out the refugee messages