+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD REQUIRED FOR WORKING IN CANADA

way_ahead

Jun 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have question regarding working in Canada Vancouver after my PR Card has expired..
My current situation is that I DID NOT COMPLETE MY 2 YEAR OBLIGATION IN CANADA to renew my PR card... I entered Canada Vancouver, before my card expired i.e on 16th MAY 2018. SO, I was suggested not to renew my PR card until I complete my 2 years stay in CANADA.
My PR card got expired on 12th JUNE 2018 and currently I am looking for Jobs in Vancouver... I was wondering that does any Company in CANADA ask for a valid PR card before I start working..I know they would ask for my SIN NUMBER.. BUT, I am not sure about PR CARD...
Please do let me know if that's the case...

The reason I am asking is bcoz ICBC did not give me my BC services card, since my PR card was not valid... They said that I will only receive my ICBC services card, after I apply for the renewal of my PR card and show them the receipt or proof of approval... MSP will give me a Temporary Health Number though, and I can still use the medical services...But I cannot get the actual BC services card with my permanent health NUMBER..

So I was concerned that the same might apply when I apply for Jobs in Vancouver...

Please, let me know if anyone has experienced something related to my situation or if anyone knows about it..

Thanks you!!!

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
not in BC.
but it's really depends on employers, mostly only ask for SIN card and valid ID, e.g. passport, driver licenses...didn't met any case the employer asked for valid PR card, since it's mainly used for getting into Canada from outside.