+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Replacement Expiry Date

slim215

Jan 27, 2009
Hi all,
If we lost our PR Card and applying to get a replacement, does the replacement card has the same expiry date with the lost card, or, does the replacement card will expire 5 years from the time they approve the replacement card application? TIA!

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi all,
If we lost our PR Card and applying to get a replacement, does the replacement card has the same expiry date with the lost card, or, does the replacement card will expire 5 years from the time they approve the replacement card application? TIA!

If you apply for a replacement Permanent Resident (PR) Card and it is approved, the replacement card will generally have the same expiration date as the original card. The expiration date of a PR Card is usually five years from the date of issuance, so if your original PR Card was valid for five years, your replacement card will also be valid for five years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
Are you currently living in Canada and are you compliant with your RO? Some ”lose” their PR card hoping to get a PR card with another 5 years. Doing your PR card can lead to further investigation about your RO. If living abroad you usually have to go in person to pick up the new PR card. Have you reported the loss to the police? If you had truly lost your PR card you wouldn’t like be asking about expiry dates since you have no option you have to get a new PR card. It is not a good tactic to try to get around not meeting your RO.

slim215

Jan 27, 2009
If you apply for a replacement Permanent Resident (PR) Card and it is approved, the replacement card will generally have the same expiration date as the original card. The expiration date of a PR Card is usually five years from the date of issuance, so if your original PR Card was valid for five years, your replacement card will also be valid for five years.
I know that PR card always valid for five years, including the replacement card. Just wondering if the original card expired on, say Jan 1 2027, does the replacement also will expire on the same date? Per your explanation, it look like it will expire on the same date right? Much thx!

slim215

Jan 27, 2009
Are you currently living in Canada and are you compliant with your RO? Some ”lose” their PR card hoping to get a PR card with another 5 years. Doing your PR card can lead to further investigation about your RO. If living abroad you usually have to go in person to pick up the new PR card. Have you reported the loss to the police? If you had truly lost your PR card you wouldn’t like be asking about expiry dates since you have no option you have to get a new PR card. It is not a good tactic to try to get around not meeting your RO.
I'm currently living in Canada and I'm compliant with my RO. Been living in Canada since 2012 and never leaving the country even for a single day ever since. Just wondering if the original card expire on, say Jan 1 2027, does the replacement also will expire on the same date? Thx!

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I'm currently living in Canada and I'm compliant with my RO. Been living in Canada since 2012 and never leaving the country even for a single day ever since. Just wondering if the original card expire on, say Jan 1 2027, does the replacement also will expire on the same date? Thx!
I already answered the question above ^^^^^