+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

humed

Dec 4, 2023
Hello, i recently applied for PR card renewal but my application returned because "Your primary identity document is missing, unacceptable or expired".
i put my Driving License as my primary ID. im just wondering if driving license is not acceptable as primary id. what is the acceptable primary id? i dont have passport or travel documents. i do have landing paper but unsure if it is acceptable as primary id. please advise.
appreciate your help!
Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, i recently applied for PR card renewal but my application returned because "Your primary identity document is missing, unacceptable or expired".
i put my Driving License as my primary ID. im just wondering if driving license is not acceptable as primary id. what is the acceptable primary id? i dont have passport or travel documents. i do have landing paper but unsure if it is acceptable as primary id. please advise.
appreciate your help!
Thank you!
According to:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#5445E4

It stated that:

A copy of one of the following primary identity documents:

• your valid passport or travel document or
  • the passport or travel document you had when you became a permanent resident (if applicable, include the passport page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident) or
  • the certificate of identity or travel document issued by the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or a foreign country.
  • Note:The copy should show:
    • the document type and number;
    • issue and expiry date;
    • your name;
    • your photo; and
    • your date of birth
In exceptional cases, if it is impossible for you to obtain any of the above, you must provide a:

• copy of any identity document issued outside Canada before you came to Canada or
  • statutory declaration signed by you attesting to your identity anda statutory declaration also attesting to your identity signed by:
    • a person who knew you before you came to Canada (such as a family member) or
    • an official of an organization representing people from your country of nationality or past residence.
All statutory declarations must be certified by an accredited commissioner of oaths. Provincial laws govern who can act in this position.

If you are submitting a statutory declaration, you must also provide a clear and legible copy of a letter explaining that there are exceptional circumstances in your home country that will not allow you to obtain any identity documents, and what these circumstances are.

Do you have the passport (even if it's probably now expired) with you?