+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal

fhamdani

Oct 30, 2012
Hi all

My PR Card is expiring end of September and I have already applied for a new PR Card last month. However with the 160 days for processing, this has left me a bit worried as my wife is pregnant in the US and I do need to go to her in the next few months. Is there a way I can expedite the process and would my situation allow for a quicker application turnaround?

Is there another way I can leave and enter Canada? I looked into the PRTD but I was unclear if that applies to someone like me and I think the processing times for PRTD wouldnt make it feasible if I wanted to go to the US a few times for few weeks each.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all

My PR Card is expiring end of September and I have already applied for a new PR Card last month. However with the 160 days for processing, this has left me a bit worried as my wife is pregnant in the US and I do need to go to her in the next few months. Is there a way I can expedite the process and would my situation allow for a quicker application turnaround?

Is there another way I can leave and enter Canada? I looked into the PRTD but I was unclear if that applies to someone like me and I think the processing times for PRTD wouldnt make it feasible if I wanted to go to the US a few times for few weeks each.

Thanks!
Unlikely to qualify you for expedited processing. You can either apply for PRTD or go through the land border with your expired PR card.