+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Urgent

ameralamir

Oct 25, 2009
I applied fro renewal of my PR Card which is expired .. and as I need to travel abroad I applied for URGENT processing case and attached my flight ticket .. Now I received a letter from the Case Processing Center - Sydney ; mentioned that they refer to the local Citizenship and Immigration office , and this referral will result in additional delay .. My concern is how I leave Canada without picking my new PR Card , and how can I return back to Canada if I haven't a valid PRC ??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you find yourself outside of Canada for some reason without a PRC (lost, stolen, expired, whatever), you are supposed to contact the nearest Canadian embassy and apply for a PR travel document. Is there any question of your meeting the residency requirements? Because if there is, they will probably not let you back in.

ameralamir

Oct 25, 2009
Leon said:
If you find yourself outside of Canada for some reason without a PRC (lost, stolen, expired, whatever), you are supposed to contact the nearest Canadian embassy and apply for a PR travel document. Is there any question of your meeting the residency requirements? Because if there is, they will probably not let you back in.
Thanks a lot .. If I travel before issuing or picking my new PRC , I can return back by a PR travel document .. so how I know if there is a question of my meeting the residency requirements ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you stay in Canada more than 730 days in your first 5 years as a PR?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is a big problem. It means you did not meet the residency requirements when you applied. Why did you apply for a new PR card when you did not meet them? All you had to do was wait 8 more days before applying, then you would have had your 730 days in Canada and you would not have had a problem. I advise that you do not leave Canada at this time. You risk not getting back in.

mht

May 19, 2011
Hi Leon,

My son has similar situation like "ameralamir : (he was short by 10 days for residency obligation in the span of 5 years): but he has applied after 730 days & he is not in a rush to leave Canada, he is doing internship in Canada .........please let me know............what to do next and all thanks.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mht said:
My son has similar situation like you: but he has applied after 730 days & he is not in a rush to leave Canada...........please let me know............what to do next and all thanks
Nothing... just wait and continue checking your status at:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en