+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal-Supporting Documents

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there,

I am submitting a PR renewal application and it seems as thought the requirements have changed... is now mandatory for all applicants to provide copies of two pieces of evidence that proof of residency, regardless of whether you have been outside Canada for more than 1095 days? Previously, only those who did not meet the minimum residency requirements needed to provide this, but in the current form it is mandatory for all applicants. Can anyone confirm this? I have not been outside of Canada for more that 1095 days.

If I must provide these documents, what kind of documents can I provide? The appendix lists:
  • You must provide copies of 2 pieces of evidence that can show residency in Canada in the five (5) years immediately before the application, such as:
    • employment records or pay stubs;
    • bank statements;
    • Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Notice of Assessment for the five (5) years immediately before the application
    • evidence that you received benefits from Canadian government programs;
    • rental agreements;
    • club memberships;
    • or any other documents that prove you met your residency obligation.
I am self-employed so I don't have pay stubs, only invoices... but would I have to provide them for the past 5 years? Same question for bank statements, etc? I don't receive benefits from the Canadian Government, I don't have any rental agreements, club memberships... what would classify as any ''other' documents that prove you met your residency obligation.'?

Thanks so much for any input and support with this!!
Read the rest of the same thread you posted in. You could provide notices of assessment since you've been filing taxes (right?).

SM1981

Dec 19, 2023
Read the rest of the same thread you posted in. You could provide notices of assessment since you've been filing taxes (right?).
Yes, I have all the NOA's. I just don't know how a bank statement for example would prove that I have been in Canada for 5 years so I'm just stuck on how many bank statements I should include and what they should show?

Thanks so much!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I have all the NOA's. I just don't know how a bank statement for example would prove that I have been in Canada for 5 years so I'm just stuck on how many bank statements I should include and what they should show?

Thanks so much!
You are asking the same question that has been answered here before. You have not read this thread (or have not taken time to understand it). Read the rest of the same thread you posted in.

For example here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-renewal-supporting-documents.793684/post-10689199

SM1981

Dec 19, 2023
Hi again!! Thanks so much for your response! I read through the thread and have understood that they are simply requesting two pieces of evidence that I resided in Canada within the last 5 years but not proof that I have been here for the minimum required amount of days. I will submit an NOA and a bank statement within the last 5 years. I appreciate everyone's responses!

Reactions: armoured

Shayjay2005

Nov 29, 2023
what did you send as proof of residency ?

did you send it for all the past 5 years ?
I went to bank to get five years of statement. The teller a pr resident too, told me he himself sent one or two months of statement for last 5 years for his own PR card renewal. And he is waiting for a response. I got 5 years of statement, but never sent it with my application as too many pages. I sent NOA and Canada Child Benefits (CCB) for last 5 years. Still no response. Applied Dec 5, 2023, by paper when PR processing time for PR renewal was 73 days. Today PR renewal is showing 61 days if application is received today . From this forum, it seems non urgent applications for PR renewal are not opened for at least a month to 35 days after the office receives the paper application to enter into the system so applicants can check online or receive an email.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I went to bank to get five years of statement. The teller a pr resident too, told me he himself sent one or two months of statement for last 5 years for his own PR card renewal. And he is waiting for a response. I got 5 years of statement, but never sent it with my application as too many pages. I sent NOA and Canada Child Benefits (CCB) for last 5 years.
Again, there is, according to the instructions, no need to submit documents for the five years total. Not every month, not for each of the five years, etc. They ask for two documents.

I can understand many want to provide more info but - your instinct is right. Submitting 'too much' will not speed things up.

Reactions: canuck78
Jan 3, 2019
PR since 2019. Applying for PR Renewal. Just completed everything on my online PR Renewal application except the supporting documents for RO. Based on above conversations and my understanding, could anyone help to answer do these satisfy?

SET 1
Evidence 1 : Pay Slip from June 2019
Evidence 2 : NOA 2022

SET 2
Evidence 1 : T4 2019
Evidence 2 : Bank Statement July 2023

Proceed with SET 1 or SET 2 ?

@armoured your thoughts will be really helpful!
Did it help you? I am also in a similar situation. Did they accept your application?