+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal supporting docs and travel document

anakinhay

Feb 14, 2012
Hi Lostin Calgary,

I made phone calls to the countries I visited or lived, i.e Singapore/Malaysia/Europe/etc and they said they do not have some information provided.
I wonder if I indicated on the cover letter stating I have made an attempt to call them works?
I do however managed to find not all but some history of my air tickets purchased during the traveling period.

I have my two years in Canada so I am guessing now I have to provide my payments made through ICBC/Employment letters as other supporting documents to prove my stay here in Canada.
Perhaps giving them all the documents works?

I wonder I should apply for CBSA information since I have checked yes in my application submitted?

Thanks
Kelvin

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Hi Kelvin,

I would get an actual reply in writing from those countries authorities disclosing they cannot provide you with the information that you are requesting, otherwise you are pretty much asking the visa officer to take your word at face value and I don't think that closes the gaps. Whatever claims you are making in your letter to the visa officer, have some supporting documents to back them up. Easier said than done for me because I only had two other countries to account for, in your case I see it can be a burden.

Regarding the CBSA report I wouldn't bother getting it as it only contains your entries into Canada, not your exits, so that piece of information would be covered by the entry/exit reports from the other countries which you are not being able to get.

I sent my flight tickets, confirmations of online reservations, bank statements showing purchases made in Canada and abroad on the dates I said I traveled, tax returns, employment letters, pay stubs.

Unfortunately we do not have any guidelines for when we cannot obtain the documents requested by CIC and we have to be creative and make a strong case in our favour.

Good luck :)

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
Somewhat unrelated, but can you tell me how long one has to be in Canada (on a work visa) before applying for PR?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

anakinhay

Feb 14, 2012
Thank you LostIN Calgary,

I managed to get hold of a few countries writing them in emails and I got one response from them stating it's a No.
So I am going to attach the email as supporting.
I agree with you, I would have to submit pay stubs, travel insurance, bank statements, etc stating my 2 full yrs in Canada without leaving the ground.

The thing that puzzles me is why they want to know you are outside of Canada rather than inside where yu already fulfill 2 yrs. That just does not make sense to me.

But I started the ball rolling now to get as many replies as possible from the countries I been.

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
LostinCalgary said:
Hi Kelvin,

That's exactly what I did and it worked wonders for me so I would definitely recommend you to do that. I also included a table cross referencing the stamps on my passport with the trips I made, dates, etc. From your post it's not clear to me if you have even tried to get the entry/exit records from the countries you visited or not; I did, and even if I couldn't get them I sent proof that I at least tried and that I was not going to be able to get them as requested.

All in all I don't know what made my application work but they approved my PR card renewal just a few days after they received my supporting documents, I didn't even have the time to translate the ones that were not in English/French and I was fortunate to get my application approved.

Hope this helps and I wish you success with your application. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers!

Hi there
Please I need your urgent help desperately , I need to fly out of Canada within a month to join my mother who i found out diagnosed with Breast cancer since 3 months without me knowing , I completed my time and even upto 1010 days , can you share exactly the headings you used for the excel sheet , or if you would prefer send me just a glimpse of it to follow for my dates
Also kindly please can you guide me by just making me a simple checklist of all documents you attached ?
Also can you tell me how to apply for urgent processing , do I attach ticket , I can even try to get a report of her condition and mb my birth certficate will prove the fact she is my mother
Do I apply online by email or send an application ?
I am sorry for all theses questions , I am overwhelmed by the things I hv to conclude to fly out urgently without knowing if I can return before my expiry date on October 7 th but I must leave quickly to assist her in her further treatment
I appreciate the time y spend reading and answering me back