+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal questions

James.me

Jul 18, 2014
Hi Forum members!

So I am about to put in my papers to renew my PR card.

I got my PR card in Feb 2008 which expired last year. After my initial landing, I left to work overseas and then subsequently moved back to Canada in May 2012....I have now been living here in Canada for more than 2 years which fulfills my residency obligations to apply to renew my PR card.

On the renewal form, Section C #21, the part where it asks us to state the reason for absence... Im a bit confused there.... I was working overseas, but Im not too sure if "work" would suffice.... I also spent a few months visiting family... What is the best way to fill in that section?

I would appreciate any suggestions / advice!

Was also wondering....how long does it take to process renewal of PR cards?

Thanks!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter what you write as a reason because you have your two years and now meet the RO again. If you were working, write work.

Renewals are currently taking 134 days, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

eriku

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi James.me,

Our landing and return dates are almost the same and now I'm filling up my renewal application form. I'm stuck at section C as well and I'd like to know how you filled up the TRAVEL HISTORY section

1) Period Covered
"FROM" and "TO" dates are the recent 5 years from your application date? In your case it's from 2009 to 2014?

2) details of travel
What "FROM" date did you put while you were outside Canada? Did you use 2009 (five years back) or 2008 (when you left Canada)?
Does this "FROM" date has to match with the dates you put in the address and work history?

I'm a little bit confused and I don't want to mess up :D

Thanks in advance.