+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal - possible to do online or not?

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Sorry if I am asking a basic question. Is it possible to apply for PR card renewal online or not? The reason I am asking this is below:

This page sometimes shows that it is possible to apply online using this link, whereas, the other times the same page does not show that option/information (above "1. Get the application package"). Is online application only available to selected applicants? Any suggestion as to which option is preferred more in general?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if I am asking a basic question. Is it possible to apply for PR card renewal online or not? The reason I am asking this is below:

This page sometimes shows that it is possible to apply online using this link, whereas, the other times the same page does not show that option/information (above "1. Get the application package"). Is online application only available to selected applicants? Any suggestion as to which option is preferred more in general?
This is the link you want...maybe:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/how-to-apply.html

Should be available to all, but there are MANY problems, bugs, glitches, etc., that people are reporting with the online applications and with the Portal itself.

You could submit a paper application and then [hopefully] track the progress online.