+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Paper or online application

priyankagupta

Jan 26, 2016
Hi All,

I am currently living outside Canada and would be renewing my Canadian PR card. Can someone please tell me if I am only allowed to do paper based application or can also do the online one?

Thanks so much!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,

I am currently living outside Canada and would be renewing my Canadian PR card. Can someone please tell me if I am only allowed to do paper based application or can also do the online one?

Thanks so much!
You cannot renew your PR card outside of Canada. Apply for PRTD if you want to return to Canada and if your current PR card has expired before you travel. Once you are back in Canada, you can apply to renew your PR card (if you meet RO) .

priyankagupta

Jan 26, 2016
You cannot renew your PR card outside of Canada. Apply for PRTD if you want to return to Canada and if your current PR card has expired before you travel. Once you are back in Canada, you can apply to renew your PR card (if you meet RO) .
Thanks YVR123. My PR card hasn't expired. When I come to Canada, am I only allowed to make a paper based application for renewal?

Pimpim

Sep 27, 2023
I understand we cannot renew PR card outside of Canada. I applied for card renewal in April 2023 when i was in Canada. Yesterday a received a mail asking for new photos. I am out of Canada now, and previous card has expired. because we are supposed to write name of studio where photo is taken.
If I post photo from outside Canada, will there be a problem??

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I understand we cannot renew PR card outside of Canada. I applied for card renewal in April 2023 when i was in Canada. Yesterday a received a mail asking for new photos. I am out of Canada now, and previous card has expired. because we are supposed to write name of studio where photo is taken.
If I post photo from outside Canada, will there be a problem??
You shouldn't hijack another persons thread, start your own. You might be ok since you applied while you were in Canada, submit the pics and see what happens with a LOE of why you are out of the country. Don't try to put a bogus name and addy of a Canadian shop on it. If you are found out it could be trouble for you.

Reactions: YVR123